Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Any text code to use in Filter to find double entry of user name for a user?

Level 10

Hi,

Please give your suggestion or recommendation to find the double entry user name. This is building up because of SSO implementation.

With regards,

Kundan.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I don’t know how to make that report but can tell you what I do to avoid that situation in the future, is that I don’t set up a profile for a new user until after the first time they login. So, when someone is new to the system, I send an email with the link and ask them to login. I warn them that they will have a blank workspace, and to let me know once they have established the connection. Then I go in and edit the username they logged in with to set them up. The place where I have a million duplicates that can’t be controlled is in Proof. And there are comments and updates under each version of their email address, so I can’t delete the incorrect username.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I don’t know how to make that report but can tell you what I do to avoid that situation in the future, is that I don’t set up a profile for a new user until after the first time they login. So, when someone is new to the system, I send an email with the link and ask them to login. I warn them that they will have a blank workspace, and to let me know once they have established the connection. Then I go in and edit the username they logged in with to set them up. The place where I have a million duplicates that can’t be controlled is in Proof. And there are comments and updates under each version of their email address, so I can’t delete the incorrect username.

Level 10

Thanks @Jill Ackerman‚ .

This could be one of the solution. Thank you for sharing your recommendation.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 5

Jill, we had the same problem as our email addresses have changed. We ended up having to go in and re-route several proofs to one email address and then delete the one that we didn't need before we could update to the new email addresses.

Level 10

Moreover, to do this you need to be using SSO (Single Sign-on) and have "Auto-provision Users" turned on.