Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement Thread

Level 5
This thread is intended to keep all announcement type posts in the Global Discussions in one place. If you have something that you would like to announce to the community, but don't necessarily need any replies or discussion around your announcement, post it below! This will help get more eyes on your announcement and keep our community organized. Thanks! Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager
13 Replies

Level 5
Hi everyone! I'm Hayk, the product manager over Workfront integrations. Right now, we are working hard on the 1st version of our integration with Salesforce. Given the huge scale and customizability of both Workfront and Salesforce, it's a tough challenge to pinpoint the best set of use cases that the future integration will cover, but I already have some interesting ideas and wireframes that I'd love to show you and hear your feedback and suggestions. You can help to make the upcoming integration better and much more useful for everyone! If you are interested in a quick call or chat, "https://calendly.com/haykfalakyan/workfront-salesforce-integration">please click here and pick any time that works for you . If you can't, I'd really appreciate if you could just provide me with a list of functionality that you'd like to see in the integration and tell me what problem it will solve for you and your company. Thank you in advance! Hayk Falakyan Workfront

Level 1

Hello @feleqyan .

My name is Denise, the program manager for Adobe Workfront. I am interested in the integration with the Salesforce platform. I work with field marketers who use Workfront and Salesforce. I would appreciate learning about the integration's use cases for future purposes. Could you share with me the wire-frames or suggestions you may have? I’m currently creating a business justification document so this information would be a create help. Thanks in advance. Denise Serieux AWS

Level 10
You can do a bulk edit by selecting all the Tasks you want to change and hitting Edit. Then Assignments. Let me know if you need more detail. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT | Sr. Technical Project Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 7
We asked for volunteers to test out new features and changes in the upcoming release and got a variety of graphic designers and art directors, and one production manager on board to test the new Home area. Here's what they had to say: Do you think the new Home area will make you more productive? Yes = 2 Maybe/a small bit = 4 Will you be more likely to use it? Yes = 4 Maybe = 1 I use My Work already so yes, I'll use Home = 1 High priority feedback: There is no distinction between work requests that are "Ready to start" or not ready to start. They are all blended together in the work request list. This is a major problem as workers who rely on the work list will not know whether all predecessors are done (like whether copy has been approved, etc.). We think this will lead to a lot of wasted time and effort. When you click on a document approval: a lot of space is taken up by the PDF icon - clicking in this space does nothing; clicking the PDF icon "Failed to load PDF file"; there is no way to open the proof from here; it's kind of hard to find out how to get to the document details page (the little link below the big gigantic gray space isn't so obvious). If you click an approval option, you can't undo it from here. Given how hard it is to spot the link to the document page so you can open the proof, this could become an issue. When sorting the work list by Date, the expand toggle on Late tasks is very obscure. Only one of the six volunteers found it. Others asked why not all tasks were visible when sorting by Date. It's not obvious that the search only searches task name. Ideally the work list search function would search based on more than just task name. Our task names are all the same (they come from templates…) so at the least, we would need it to search by project name. There's no way to filter types of approvals - My approvals vs. work I've sent for approval is currently an option we use with My Work. Being able to delegate approvals on a project-by-project basis would make the delegate feature a lot more useful. What do you like about it (a summary)? Layout: Cleaner layout; more user friendly; visually more appealing; easier to read. Left-hand work list and right-hand expanded details - seeing more detail more quickly is great; more intuitive. Much easier to spot the task due date and late tasks - this is very helpful. Showing late items in red is helpful; defaulting to showing late items on top is helpful. Being able to see other people assigned to the task at-a-glance in particular with avatars. The more prominent Update Status and Log Time buttons - more likely to use them. Making the display of document approvals more visual is good; showing the PDF icon and approval buttons. Functionality: Sorting by date and "Today" is good to get a quick and clean view on the day's work. The ability to sort and filter helps clean up the interface, making important information easier to hone in on. Grouping the tasks by project is very useful to help determine priorities. From an admin perspective: The increased ability to add and remove fields to the expanded task view is great. What don't you like? Tasks assigned only to me don't show my avatar. This would help me spot things that are absolutely relying on me. When you opt to Show complete tasks, the task list no longer shows project names, which is really needed to identify the task. The search function should search by more than just task name. Failing that, it should be more obvious that the search is limited to task name. Some will miss the calendar view of tasks: "It was a good visual overview in an app that is otherwise very text heavy"; "I'll miss the "week-an-a-glance" calendar it showed what was due without clicking or scrolling" When looking at document approvals, you can't open the proof or see a thumbnail. Bring back the "Going smoothly" etc. visuals - e.g. the green/yellow dots. It was a visual cue instead of so much text. Our users will never use the help site so the ? button is just extra clutter. Barbara Sedlack BMO Financial Group

Level 8
I posted this in the review and approve discussion board on Friday, but this discussion area has a lot more activity so I'm re-posting. Hi Workfront Community, I'm here to share some of my feedback on ProofHQ that has resurfaced since the release of 2018.1. In January 2017 we were upgraded to ProofHQ premium. We were very disappointed in the product, because it was not a seamless integration. It put our projects that had active proofs at risk and caused a lot of chaos during our busiest time of year. The 2018.1 release activity overview had a lot of proofing updates, but now that the release has launched, the proofing updates are more disruptive than they are helpful. Our print design team of 4 (plus 1 manager and 1 freelancer) generate and route multiple proofs daily, where edits on a single proof are made by multiple users. We can't afford to waste the designer's project / design time or the client's review time on trouble-shooting proofing issues. I understand that sometimes updates need to be rolled out in phases and I'm sure the integration of ProofHQ & Workfront is a massive undertaking...but I wish these updates could stay in the sandbox for testing until the tool is fully functional and the two systems are seamlessly integrated. There is no benefit to giving a tool a new look and feel if the fundamentals aren't working properly, Not to mention, we now have two options when viewing proofs (legacy and new) which is a bad user experience...Please just give me the best and most efficient option. -Issues: Document versions have grid lines, weird image icons, pages are cut off or cropped: a 3 page document looks like a 10 page document. Proofs are slow to generate, slow to open and documents are failing to download. I still have yet to receive one email notification that I have a proof to approve. (I have a more detailed outline explaining the functionality & qualities we need from ProofHQ. I sent this to Skylar Sanford last year - who I "met" after the live Q&A he held through the community site. I've attached it here.) Ultimately, as it relates to proofing..I'm in the same place I was last year - feeling sorry that I shared these updates with our design team in the first place only to tell them to revert back to the legacy viewer / document approval process. Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 3
We are currently using the Automatic Deadline Reminder (send deadline reminder to 'assigned user' X business days before it's due). Setting one parameter for our entire company isn't flexible enough for our business. It'd be great if this can be customized per task, project or even portfolio. Please up-vote this idea in the Idea Exchange if your company could benefit from this as well: "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115006951408-Customized-Reminders-on-Tasks">https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115006951408-Customized-Reminders-on-Tasks Jodi Biscevic GM Financial, International Operations

Level 10
What i have spotted so far: - New Tasks button - it would be worth to mentioned that Date which we select in the box it's actually End Date not Start date. Would be nice if we were able to add Duration and Planned Hours from the same view. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 2
Join the Beta Group! I'm Trae, the UX Researcher at Workfront. My goal is to gather feedback from you--the people who use our products every day--then put that feedback into the hands of our internal teams. This Beta group makes this possible, allowing us to get your feedback early on, so we can fix problems before they are fully built. Join this group here in the Community to see what's been tested recently and to join the conversation. If you want to engage at an even higher level, become a full beta participant by signing up to be a tester. There is a post pinned in the Beta Community that explains the beta program in more detail. "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home?communitykey=0425cafc-f0ec-47fc-be20-a21dc073d520&tab=groupdetails"> Come check it out! Trae Winterton Workfront

Level 10
More feedback within out company: It took a while to get used to, it looks very different. The layout is better - you can see more details on the task without clicking into it. It took a while before I discovered the show filter to filter on approvals, requests etc. Like the new task option where you can add tasks to projects easily The personal to do worklist is useful, you can put time against it and it shows in your timesheet. Not sure if you wanted to keep this feature or how you control when it is used. Approving timesheets - it would be good if you could see the hours rather than clicking into the timesheet. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 5

Check out the Customer Journey blog ! Last year at Leap, we made an effort to get feedback from customers and map out our customer journey in order to help address pain points. Here is what we learned. I can't wait to see what we learn from our attendees next week at Leap 2018! Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager

Level 3
I am asking you to upvote a request to make the number of days of float available as a field that can be added to a report. https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360002029654-Add-Field-for-Days-of-Float-or-S... Essentially, we have complex projects with multiple threads of parallel activities that are often within days of being on the critical path. Activities that are close to the critical path also need close attention, since they could easily become the critical path or delay a project. We need to be able to see how close the different threads are from being on the critical path. By definition, the critical path consists of tasks with 0 days float. Therefore, Workfront has to be doing the calculation. All I want total float (or slack) in days for each task, that I can display in a column. MS Project displays this as "Total Slack". BTW-Workfront has something called Slack Date. It is supposed to be the date a task will become critical. The dates that are displayed don't seem to work. At least 1 discussion thread said it doesn't work. Therese

Level 10
Upvoted. Michael Lebowitz Marketing Analyst Michael.Lebowitz@guidewellconnect.com T 904-436-4240 | M 904-200-1364 Fax 904-565-6156 4800 Deerwood Campus Pkwy DCC 800-4-272 Jacksonville, FL 32246

Level 5
Adobe Summit Workfront will be attending the "https://adobe.ly/2HbBSVi">Adobe Summit , 3 & 4 May 2018 at ExCeL, London. If you have registered for this event, be sure to visit us to learn more on how Workfront for Adobe Solutions can seamlessly combine the design and delivery of digital content into a slick and modern work experience, plus your chance to win a pair of Beats Headphones on our prize wheel! If you have not registered for this event please take advantage of the 10% discount on the full ticket price. "https://adobe.ly/2HbBSVi">Register here . Look forward to seeing you there! Alison Milbury Workfront Community Manager