Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Agile Team Tasks Issue

Level 6
Received this issue from one of our Agile Team members yesterday, can anyone offer help? ......WF doesn't seem to like tasks that have not been assigned to the entire team when it's marked as Agile - otherwise it doesn't appear in the backlog/sprint. For example, I'm in an agile team - but if the task is only assigned to me - and not the team as well - then the task will not be made available to the backlog or any sprints. Well - this became a big issue last week. the PM unassigned, in bulk, all of the tickets for the development from the Development team as a whole - as it was messing up some other type of planning reports. In doing so, it removed all of the tickets from ALL iterations and the backlog - and my sprints were effectively deleted. In trying to rectify it, he reassigned them back to Development - but it made no difference - I'll have to recreate them all again. Could we ask WF if they can change it so that if a member is part of an Agile team - the task becomes available to iterations/backlog. Seems daft the way it's currently set up - and has caused a fair amount of disruption in working the way it does as it's not intuitive.
2 Replies

Level 2
Hi Laura, Thank you for your question! The Agile process/philosophy is all about managing assignments for a team. Unfortunately, having the individual's assignment included in an iteration would be outside of the Agile process that we are building the interface around at Workfront. That said, the Agile Development Team is not currently considering to have a way to recognize when a user is assigned to a task and part of an agile team and have that assignment in the team's iteration. I hope this helps! Thanks, Tyler

Level 2
Please explain further... A team is made up of resources. The Sprint (Iteration) is composed of Stories. The Agile team member will pick/choose the Story(s) to work on. How is ownership of a Story to be reported on by a ScrumMaster if one person's name cannot be assigned to one Story? How is one team member to know another team member is already working on a Story? Maybe I am missing a piece of the puzzle??