Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

After approval can we change the status to a different one similar to how it happens on reject?

Level 2

We would like update the task to a different status once approval is complete(similar to how it can be configured when task approval is rejected). Is there a way to implement this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @HeenaShirke

Sorry I have been off. 

For the rejected part you can use the native functionality of the approval process to change a status to when rejected here:

Scott_Goodwin_0-1712129520528.png

For when the approval is approved then you need to create a fusion integration that looks for approvals.

The only issue is that once its approved it starts getting abit messy on where to find whether its been approved etc. I get round this by adding in a fusion approval stage. (this mite not be the best way)

Scott_Goodwin_1-1712130947859.png

In my integration then i check for things that are pending approval and at that stage ID. 

Scott_Goodwin_2-1712131054876.png

Here is the first module just collecting the Current approval id (there is some optimization you can do here like filtering for only things that have approval status so look for whatever your status is with :A at the end so for planning it would be PLN:A) once you have the current id you then filter by the ID stage of your "Fusion Check Stage" 

Scott_Goodwin_3-1712131190275.png

You can get the ID by first running the module and check for a task or project etc at that stage and return the ID. You can then copy and paste it that's the easiest way for me. 

Once it gets through that filter. You then know that the object has got past your stages of approval needs and is on the "Fusion check" stage and you can assume its ok for your to move the status. 

You then want to update the record to the status you want it to be like this: 

Scott_Goodwin_4-1712131339018.png

(If it was me I would also add in a module to update the approval to approved as well before updating the status all in the one integration to keep it clean but ill leave that up to you.) 

Hopefully that isn't to much waffle and it makes sense. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 4

Hello @HeenaShirke 

You can do with a Fusion integration. If you have Fusion. Im happy to help. 

Kind Regards

Level 2

Hi @Scott_Goodwin , Yes we have fusion available. Could you please direct me on how to achieve this? Thanks already!

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hello @HeenaShirke

Sorry I have been off. 

For the rejected part you can use the native functionality of the approval process to change a status to when rejected here:

Scott_Goodwin_0-1712129520528.png

For when the approval is approved then you need to create a fusion integration that looks for approvals.

The only issue is that once its approved it starts getting abit messy on where to find whether its been approved etc. I get round this by adding in a fusion approval stage. (this mite not be the best way)

Scott_Goodwin_1-1712130947859.png

In my integration then i check for things that are pending approval and at that stage ID. 

Scott_Goodwin_2-1712131054876.png

Here is the first module just collecting the Current approval id (there is some optimization you can do here like filtering for only things that have approval status so look for whatever your status is with :A at the end so for planning it would be PLN:A) once you have the current id you then filter by the ID stage of your "Fusion Check Stage" 

Scott_Goodwin_3-1712131190275.png

You can get the ID by first running the module and check for a task or project etc at that stage and return the ID. You can then copy and paste it that's the easiest way for me. 

Once it gets through that filter. You then know that the object has got past your stages of approval needs and is on the "Fusion check" stage and you can assume its ok for your to move the status. 

You then want to update the record to the status you want it to be like this: 

Scott_Goodwin_4-1712131339018.png

(If it was me I would also add in a module to update the approval to approved as well before updating the status all in the one integration to keep it clean but ill leave that up to you.) 

Hopefully that isn't to much waffle and it makes sense. 

Level 2

Thanks @Scott_Goodwin for such a detailed response. This helps. I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
Heena

Community Advisor

Hi there, I believe you just need to add another stage to your approval process.

Approval processes are triggered by statuses. If you have a stage for what happens when something is in X status, and if it gets rejected it can either go to a different status or go to the previous status. Set up another stage that does something when it's put in an approval status. If approved (Y status), have it notify someone/role you set. I'd play around with it in preview or sandbox!

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1711393645095.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney, Thanks for the reply! Actually, I want to automatically update the task status to a different status on approval completion similar to how it can be configured for a rejection scenario.