Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding Parent Milestones to Task Report

Level 1
I am using a task report to output date info. The report includes columns for tasks, parents and various dates. I would also like to list the "milestone phase" within which each task falls. In some cases the milestone is associated with a parent, and in other cases it may be associated with a parent of parent, depending on how deep the task is nested. Is anyone able to help me with the Text Mode coding to find the milestone phase associated with a given task? My goal is to find the parent task with an assigned milestone (potentially nested below another parent) that is the "closest" parent to the task. I will appreciate any help to make this report work. Tim Abrott SMWE
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 4
You need to create a calculated field that is attached to all tasks. Let's Call it Milestone Phase Calculation: IF(ISBLANK(Milestone ID),Parent.{Milestone Phase},Milestone.Name) This sets the Milestone Name for any milestone task and grabs the parents information on any child task, you may need to refresh your templates a few time for deeper levels but this should do the trick and then be easy to report. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -