Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Adding an issue to a copied project

Level 2
We have a project called " Test Project 1 ", which has some custom fields. We copied " Test Project 1 " to a second project called " Test Project 2 ". When we create an issue in " Test Project 2 " either via the UI or the API it always creates the issue in " Test Project 1 " and not " Test Project 2 " I tried this with a basic project and then copied the project in the UI to another project and in both cases where I created issues with the UI or the API it worked as expected. The issue (no pun intended) is that we will need to copy projects for testing and in many cases we will want to bring everything over. We need to understand what is the best practice and any issues with coping projects or building them from templates. Thanks, Tim Tim Shenton
2 Replies

Level 10
Hi Tim, When you do a Project copy it won't bring over the Issues. I've confirmed this with WF. This is "by design". I know we all love that phrase �� . In this case I can kind of understand it. They're saying, Issues are generally specific to the project and shouldn't be carried over to a copy of the project (which is considered a new project). And Templates don't have an Issues tab. I assume for the same reason. You shouldn't be starting out with a bunch of Issues on a Project you just created. So what I've done in this situation is copy the Project. Then do a bulk select on the Issues and copy them over to the new project. It's a little clunky but not too bad if you do the bulk copy.

Level 2
Thanks Vic for the response. I think we are OK now. Tim Shenton