Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

Adding a Project as a Task to another Project!

Level 2

Hello! I recently had another project come in that aligned with an existing project I was working on. I can't remember HOW i did it, but there was an option to 'add as a task to existing project" and I did that. So now in my existing project, I see a Task that is the name of the new project. Can anyone tell me how to do this again? I can't figure it out and I would love to do it with a few others! See picture attached!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Couple things you may be thinking of. If you want to copy an existing task into another project, click the task checkbox in a project and then 'move to' and you'll be prompted to select the project to move it to. This removes it from the existing project and puts it in the other. OR, from this same screenshot you can 'copy to' another project, which puts it in the new project but also keeps it in the current.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1685566689708.png

If you have a request/issue that you want to convert as a task in an existing project (not convert to a new project), select the issue checkbox, then 'convert to task':

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1685566774855.png

You'll be prompted to select the project to move it into.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others! : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello! Are you referencing cross-project predecessors? Here is the link to the documentation to create them. In this case, it would allow the project you are working on to reference the other project and could be setup so a task is set to start when the predecessor project is complete.

Level 2

No unfortunately that's not it. I didn't have to add any of the info like Predecessor, dependency, lag, etc. It was literally just an option to add the project to a task.... 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Couple things you may be thinking of. If you want to copy an existing task into another project, click the task checkbox in a project and then 'move to' and you'll be prompted to select the project to move it to. This removes it from the existing project and puts it in the other. OR, from this same screenshot you can 'copy to' another project, which puts it in the new project but also keeps it in the current.

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1685566689708.png

If you have a request/issue that you want to convert as a task in an existing project (not convert to a new project), select the issue checkbox, then 'convert to task':

Madalyn_Destafney_1-1685566774855.png

You'll be prompted to select the project to move it into.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others! : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )