Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Adding a document from Microsoft One Drive

Level 2

Hello, our current workflow for creating copy is for a marketing partner to upload a Word doc, the project manager assigns a task to a proofreader or writer to review and edit.  They need to download it to make changes, and then upload a new version for the marketing partner to review. 

I'm wondering if we added a document directly from Microsoft One Drive, if the ability to edit the document without needing to upload and download would exist?  We have experimented with using links to One Drive with varied success. 

Any thoughts on how to improve the process? 

4 Replies

Level 3

we’ve been able to do this through the desktop proofing tool by creating an interactive proof. Unfortunately that would leave the door open for your marketing partner to also edit the proof.

Level 2

At this stage of the process our content is still in Word.  What is the file format that you use in the interactive proof?

Level 3

we don’t upload a file—we add the url to the onedrive file and generate a webpage proof of that url.

Community Advisor

I worked at another org where we used the Sharepoint integration to upload Word docs in WF so edits could be made easily in the Word doc in Sharepoint. Avoided OneDrive bc there were too many document access issues. We'd use proofs for creative/non-copy asses and Sharepoint integration for copy assets and would be put a document approval on them. Havin the doc approval would help still have a formal approval process while still being able to make edits easily in the doc in SP.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )