Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Add a custom field to a project header using a layout template

Level 3

The Workfront generated reference number does not meet our needs to use as a job number, so we've created our own using calculated fields. Using our layout template, I'd like to show our custom field 'Job Number' as one of the 5 header fields on the 'Project' object. It looks like Workfront only allows you to add select fields to this project header, all of them auto-generated by Workfront. Has anyone has found a unique solution to achieve a similar result? Really just looking for any way to prominently display the job number when viewing a project.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi kkunze,

That is a great idea! Unfortunately, today that's not available but please feel free to submit this in the Innovation Lab, I think it will be a great submission. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

I have a Fusion automation that prefixes the Project name with whatever is in the custom Job Number field.

Community Advisor

Hi there, I believe it’s on the roadmap to be able to select project custom form fields as a field there. They started with just native fields when this functionality was introduced. @jon_chen do you have any insight/ETA?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Yes, Adobe Workfront added the ability to change out-of-the-box/system fields on the project header and promised the ability to add custom fields was coming.  Still waiting for this to release.  We have the exact same need as @kkunze 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi kkunze,

That is a great idea! Unfortunately, today that's not available but please feel free to submit this in the Innovation Lab, I think it will be a great submission.