Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Achieve Workfront Projects

Level 3

How do we Archive Workfront projects after status goes to Closed?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

How are you defining 'archived' for your situation? If you have a project in Closed status, as long as your 'closed' status equates with Complete it'll drop from any report that you have set to filter in only Current projects (or statuses equating with Current). What are you looking for beyond that or Closed vs. Archived?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

You don't, but you can create filters to show only projects with the status you choose, like Active, In Planning, On Hold, Complete, etc.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 10

Hi,

We created a simple project report and attached that link in dashboard for easier access and search of closed / completed projects.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

How are you defining 'archived' for your situation? If you have a project in Closed status, as long as your 'closed' status equates with Complete it'll drop from any report that you have set to filter in only Current projects (or statuses equating with Current). What are you looking for beyond that or Closed vs. Archived?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Similar to the responses above, it's not possible to officially archive a project but you can achieve it through statuses.

One of my teams uses a status called Archive that equates with complete so they can still report on closed projects but not include old one that are outside of their reporting window.

Level 7

I would like the ability to archive projects so they don't appear in search results (at least move them to a different section of a search result set).  Yes, I know in a report you can filter out by status.  But, for example, when we want to move an issue/request from one project to another and you start typing in the project name in the typeahead, it shows you everything including closed projects.  Then often the text box is so narrow that you can't see the end of the project name.  People often select the wrong, old project.  If we could archive truly closed projects that we no longer want folks to use, then it would shorten the search results.

I've had to start putting [CLOSED] in project titles to get people to realize which is the most current project.

Example project names year over year...

S60ACS Ad and Creative Standing Job and Requests FY20/22

S60ACS Ad and Creative Standing Job and Requests FY21/22

S60ACS Ad and Creative Standing Job and Requests FY22/23

S60ACS Ad and Creative Standing Job and Requests FY23/24

S60ACS Ad and Creative Standing Job and Requests FY24/25

Level 10

Since there is no archive feature for projects, you're gonna have to come up with a procedure that works for you. You may want to put the identifying number first in the name so when you start searching for "FY21/22", you'll get the one you want right away instead of typing "S60ACS…" and getting a long list.

Level 3

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this post. I think we will need to put another status that equites with archived that makes us an identifier. Thank you again.