Expand my Community achievements bar.

Accessing other WF Objects from a Project Form

Level 2
Hi, I think I know the answer to this but... Is there any way in a Project form, to access a field value in another object. Specifically, we'd like to create a calculated field that would do a DATEDIFF between a date we store in the Project form and a date in the Baseline object: the {defaultBaseline}.{entryDate}? I don't see any way to reference the fields in any other objects. Only Project fields. Thanks in advance! -Mike Michael Gerrol Dell-RSA Security - IT
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
I'm not sure if this helps or not but... calculated fields don't use camel case. So if I was going to start this calculated field, I would use "Default Baseline.Entry Date" rather than defaultBaseline.entryDate. -skye

Level 2
That was exactly what I was looking for Skye! I was so convinced that I couldn't access the default baseline object that I never even tried that syntax. Thanks so much! -Mike Michael Gerrol Dell-RSA Security - IT

Level 10
Would someone be willing to educate me on what the Default Baseline is? I've never heard of it, and get the feeling I'm missing out on something valuable. Thanks! --Narayan

Level 10
just very briefly: Workfront allows for the automatic creation (or manual creation, or both) of baselines. Every new baseline created becomes new default (I think). A new baseline can be automatically created when you change the project status from a passive (e.g. Planning) one and back to Active. Workfront only allows you to report on one baseline, called "the default." There are a bunch of reporting parameters (check your task report parameters) for this. PMs currently have to manually set one baseline as the default one, and if the automatic baseline option is set, they may have to choose a good time to set their default. My current group is interested in comparing the baseline data on milestone tasks to what actually happened. For us, we see the default baseline planned start date as the "ACTUAL planned start date" because PMs have to tweak the planned start date to keep "on deadline". What would be valuable are reports that make this kind of comparison easier. Think percentage of tasks off-deadline, average number of days off-deadline. Does that help? -skye