Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to gray out project links not accessible in a report view?

Level 4

We need to report on projects with access rights of another user (e.g. admin) to list all projects. However, the executing user does not has permissions on all projects listed. So when he clicks on a project link, the gets the access denied error.

Now we would like to list all projects and grey out (without link) all projects not accessible for the appropriate user executing the report. I already checked all available documentation on text mode but did not find any hint to use. Might you can support me.

I can remember from past, that I saw it already it is possible but cannot find it :(

Thanks a lot!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi - this is so interesting. I was going to "prove" to you that it does grey out because it has been that way. We have a double check dashboards for our Group Admins and they would see non-hyperlinked text for projects not in a portfolio.

However, after a couple of tests, I'm getting what you are getting. Everything is hyperlinked but now goes to a request access screen. This must have been a recent change, however, I don't remember seeing anything in the release notes about it.

Maybe someone from Product will see this and let us know. ;)

One thing I did notice, is that before you click on the link, there is a little pop-up that says "you do not have sufficient access." I'm going to be updating my wiki to tell people to just hover slowly over items before clicking.

Employee

Hey guys!

I'll pass this along to the product team and see if we can get more details.

Kyna

Employee

Alright, so I had our team check this out and using the documentation in this article, they were able to strip the link from the report. Particularly the section on how to remove a link to an object from the view.

Will you guys test the text mode there and see if that solves it for you? If it doesn't, then this is a bug that we need to get reported!

Level 10

Thanks for this, Kyna. However, the issue is that we do want them to see the link for items they have access to.

Back in the day (sadly, I don't know when the change happened), I could send a report to an executive with my permissions and they could see that their agency had 5 projects and the other agency did 6. If they click on the chart for their agency, they would see the 5 projects and they would be hyperlinked as they have access to those projects. If they clicked on the other agency, they would see the names of the 6 projects, but they would not be hyperlinked.

It looks like now, that manager would see the 6 projects as hyperlinked, but when clicking on them, would get a "you don't have access" message and they could request it.

Employee

OH! That makes sense. Let me take this back!

Employee

Hey guys,

Still working on this one. We will be creating a support ticket for you to get some more details so we can get to the source of the issue and even take a look at the specific reports you're seeing this happen with.

Thank you so much for discussing and reporting!

Kyna