Expand my Community achievements bar.

2019.4 release: Is anyone else disappointed with the new typeahead field options in custom forms?

Level 4
Part of 2019.4 release: Additional object types available for Typeahead fields in a custom form I was thrilled that this was going to be part of the release, it's something that our requesters have been asking for since we implemented in June of this year. We have a number of active portfolios that our requesters need to identify when requesting any sort of tactic, but they have to go to the Portfolios page first, determine the name of the portfolio, copy it, and then paste into their intake form. A dropdown would be so much easier! But when I logged in this morning to test it out, I was really bummed - could that field be any smaller? The (20?) character limit makes it unusable for us. Is this a bug? Amy Billmayer Allianz Life
3 Replies

Level 6
Hi Amy, If you type the % sign followed by the spacebar you should get a complete dropdown list of the available portfolios. This trick can also be used for other fields. Justin Renteria SSFCU

Level 4
Thanks Justin - that's a really great tip! However, it doesn't address the issue of not being able to read the names of the portfolios due to the character limit on the field. Amy Billmayer Allianz Life

Level 7
I was excited to try it out with projects. But then I discovered that the result is just text. I was expecting it to create a link to the object. So as is it's not really any more useful than a text field. Brian McKinley