Expand my Community achievements bar.

19.3 Enhancement - Budgeted Hours Report

Level 10
Hi, So two things I wanted to bring up to see if anyone else feels the same way. ;) Item 1: Planned Hours as well We are big fans of the Resource Estimate object type because not only could I do reports on budgeted hours, but it also included the planned hours (although it called them scheduled hours) and they were spread out across multiple allocation dates This allows me (at a job role level) to do a report where I can see how hours are distributed across an entire group for a team period. (see below) This info is not on the new budgeted hours object type, so I cannot create similar reports and I'm not sure if the Resource Estimate object type is going away since it was fed by the old business case (which was flash). Item 2: If Budgeted Hours on Role, it evenly distributes across people in the resource pool In the new resource planner, you can put budgeted hours on projects and roles as well as people. They created two columns for that so you can make sure you get the ones you want. (Planned Budgeted Hours are for Projects and Roles while Budgeted Hours are for Users) However, if you look at the new report in Preview, you see that it will evenly distribute the hours across all people in the resource pool even though none of the hours are on a user. Maybe it was just me, but I was expecting the same behavior we have on the Assignment object type where there is a role on the line item, but the user name would be blank since there isn't a hours with hours. This way of putting hours on users (even with the separate column for just role) seems weird to me. Anthony Imgrund FCB
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Anthony, I feel the same way; doesn't seem like this particular functionality is (yet) at parity. I'd suggest you ping your rep to see if they can find out more on closing that gap from dev...but it will probably be post-19.3, at this point. For full disclosure (though), our clients don't use either the old or new Budget object, and instead visualize what's going on using our "https://store.atappstore.com/product/capacity-charting/" Capacity Charting solution which handles all of the work spreading (even contoured vs flat) to the day level. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore [Company] doug.denhoed@gmail.com