Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webhook "Gateway trigger error"

Level 5

I'm trying to create a webhook to a third party API. In my scenario, I need to create a response to the HTTP module (where the webhook is successfully being created in the other API). The response has to be code 200 and a return piece of authorization code, which is data parsed out of the http module.

0694X00000ArILBQA3.png

The Webhook defaults to the 200 response, which is great, and I add the code response

I'm getting an error, "Gateway trigger is required in order for this module to work."

What's that mean?

I can't get past this verification step. Help!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

API
3 Replies

Level 4

Hi Howard,

Anytime you are using a "webhook response", your first step should be a "custom webhook". Thats the thing that is "listening" for an incoming call -- then it will return the response to that calling service.

In contrast, the HTTP module you have there is calling outbound to some other service.

Level 5

That makes sense. I have some more questions, but these points are important to know:

• The first HTTP provides an API challenge key required for the webhook response. This key is needed in the webhook response.
  • The second HTTP authenticates via a pre-set API key, different from the challenge.
  • The response with the challenge key must also send an HTTP 200 response, which is why it has to be a webhook response as opposed to another HTTP. Unless there's a way to send an HTTP 200 in an HTTP.
  • The third party API requires this order, first pre-set, then challenge. You can't respond have a webhook response with the challenge key before the pre-set key response. That's why the HTTP's are the way they are.

Questions

1. I already have a solo custom webhook that runs separately. Are you saying that the solution is to add the webhook response with the HTTP 200 response and the challenge key? If so, how do I get the challenge key from the scenario with that data?
  2. Are you saying that I need to have a scenario that has a custom webhook as the first module? Based on your earlier response, I tried that, but that first webhook stalls the rest of the flow from running. (see below)

0694X00000ArIeDQAV.png

Thanks Darin.

.how

Level 4

Hi Howard,

Unfortunately I am missing enough context to be able to help much more. Based upon everything I can ascertain -- your last screenshot seems accurate. This would be a scenario triggered by something else...then it would make two calls (to some other system entirely)...then respond with some information back to the originating system.