Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Update Planned Completion to equal Actual Completion Date of Task

Level 3

I'm sure this is another easy one but it's not working for me. All I want is to create a scenario where the Planned Completion Date will update to match the Actual Completion Date when a task is marked as completed.

Currently I'm using:

-Watch Field, Record Type: Task, Field: status

-Filtering for (newTextVal equal to CPL & plannedCompletionDate not equal to actualCompletionDate)

-Update Record, ID: objID, Record Type: Task with the Planned Completion Date updating to match the actualCompletionDate

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I've resolved this issue. It looks like I was running into a conflict with the Task Constraint of As Soon As Possible. With ASAP, the Planned Start/Due Dates are calculated and cannot be adjusted, even with API/Fusion. In order to fix, I built in a Task Constraint update to my scenario to change to Fixed Dates and was able to update that way. Appreciate your willingness to help with a solve, it got the ball rolling. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Based on the text, that feels like it should work, I think.

If it's not working, it could be because the task schedule mode doesn't allow you to set the planned completion date, and if that's the case, you would also need to change the schedule mode. It's easy enough to check this, just go into Workfront and try to change the planned completion date manually that you tried to do automatically.

Correct answer by
Level 3

I've resolved this issue. It looks like I was running into a conflict with the Task Constraint of As Soon As Possible. With ASAP, the Planned Start/Due Dates are calculated and cannot be adjusted, even with API/Fusion. In order to fix, I built in a Task Constraint update to my scenario to change to Fixed Dates and was able to update that way. Appreciate your willingness to help with a solve, it got the ball rolling.