Expand my Community achievements bar.

Optional Filter Help on Watch Record Trigger Module

Level 10

Hi Fusion Community,

Goal:

- Set up a Watch Record trigger module on the task object, based the following filtering:

• If the Planned Start Date or Planned Completion Date values on a task are modified (updated) to result in one or both of these dates falling outside the current month
    • OR
  • If the old state Status value is not equal to CPL (Complete) and the new state Status value is equal to CPL

I hesitantly tried just setting up a Watch Events trigger module, and then did the above filtering after that, but given we have lots of users updating lots of tasks, almost every second, I think I just about broke Workfront (and Fusion) - too many concurrent API connections (error), and a massive scenario queue that couldn't keep up.  FYI - using this method, I created a Set Multiple Variables module that took the new and old states of the Planned Start and Completion dates, as well as variable for NOW, and did a filter after that, using these variables, to filter out only the records I wanted to process.

Screenshot 2023-06-26 at 1.21.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-26 at 1.21.40 PM.png

I'm not sure how to reference old state and state updates in the Optional Filter field on a Watch Record module.  Does anyone know how, or have another solution to prevent this scenario from firing incessantly? 

Thanks!
Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi Nick,

As an alternate approach (which also happens to be chock full of valuable side effects), may I suggest you periodically take baselines, then switch your logic to compare tasks' (moving) dates planned dates against their baseline tasks' (stationary) counterparts?

Regards,

Doug