Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Salesforce integration

Level 7

Hey guys..

We were just wondering if anyone leverages the Salesforce integration through Fusion and if so, what are some of the benefits and risks of the connection? How difficult is the setup and maintenance of the connection?

5 Replies

Level 3

Hi Brandon,

We have implemented a couple of solutions with Salesforce Integration. The connection had to be linked with an email address of a person in salesforce. The salesforce module in Fusion 2.0 is pretty good and provides you access to most if not all the objects.. You do need to use SOQL in some of the Salesforce modules.

Level 7

Thank you Souvir for the insight! In theory, it sounds like this is a no brainer connection, but we are still in the discovery phase here and I am not sure we will move forward with the integration just yet. I may reach back out if we have more specific questions as we dive in a little deeper. Thanks again!

Level 2

@Brandon Pritchard‚ We use it as well, and it 'just works'. As with any connection I'd recommend creating a specific, unique user for the integration so that you can track and attribute activity. In our case we use it for several purposes. One is to read information from Campaigns and mirror those (as projects) in Workfront 'on creation'. Then when a user makes a request they can link their request to the Salesforce Campaign, thus pulling in data required to process the request without having to re-enter data already on the Campaign. A second use case sees us watch one instance of Salesforce for certain Campaigns being created, then 'mirror' these campaigns in a second Salesforce instance (transforming and standardising some data in the process). Again simple to do. The only issues we see are the occasional errors which are thrown by the connection around the time when there are updates / releases to Salesforce, but that's it.

Level 3

We have a project creation and update scenario built on opportunity stage changes, to keep WF projects and opps in sync. Most of the modules work well. The only trouble spot is defining how to equate user data between the two systems. We currently use an employee ID field match between both systems using search modules, but our current build is not efficient.

Level 7

Thank you Kurt and Greg! Unique user ID for sure. "Mirroring" campaigns will be a big win too! Hopefully I can start tinkering around with it sooner than later. Thanks guys. You got my gears turning on the possibilities ahead!