Expand my Community achievements bar.

Does anyone know how to display a custom form on the Document Details screen?

Level 4

I'd like to display a custom form on the Document Details screen. I cannot do this manually through the Project Template because I'd need to load a document to the template to access the menu to add the form, and then it would appear only in the Custom Forms screen of the document, not the Details screen. I also tried Darin's custom API to display the form (which works brilliantly on tasks) but it comes up with an invalid parameter for the form ID (even though it's correct), so I'm now wondering if this is possible at all. Please send help :-) Stuart Cairns

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 8

It most definitely seems like you should be able to do this since the layout of the details is very similar to the layout of the details on every other object. However, I've found no way to display the custom form in the details using layout templates, project templates, or anywhere else in set up. Obviously you know you can see the custom forms in the left hand list of navigation...I think that's the best there is right now.

Unless someone else knows if this is possible...If you submit an idea for this to be a Workfront function I'll absolutely upvote it.

Level 4

Hi Samantha. Thanks very much for that. I'll defo submit it.