Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I pull the ID of the user who approved an issue?

Level 3

Hi all - still fairly new to Fusion, but here's what I'm trying to do:

When a user approves an Issue, I'm using Fusion to auto-convert to a Project with a specific template applied.

I'd like to pull the ID of the user that approved the issue and assign them as the project owner at project conversion. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get that user ID!!

Hopefully this is super simple - I appreciate you taking the time to look.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you are using an instant watch event saying, trigger when the issue is approved, you can pull the userID from the event time bundle at the bottom. If not I suggest looking into the API to find something 

https://developer.adobe.com/workfront/api-explorer/

Lawson02_0-1726870700360.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

If you are using an instant watch event saying, trigger when the issue is approved, you can pull the userID from the event time bundle at the bottom. If not I suggest looking into the API to find something 

https://developer.adobe.com/workfront/api-explorer/

Lawson02_0-1726870700360.png

Level 3

I will definitely try this - thank you so much!

Level 3

This worked! I have a few more issues to work out, but this was by far the biggest hurdle. Many, many thanks to you!

Level 3

I will take all the help I can get!

I'm using a Watch Events trigger like you suggested. My scenario runs completely through and does all the "things", but it will only run manually (Run Once), and something is being left unprocessed in the queue. I'm trying to figure out what exactly is being left behind and how to prevent it so I can set the scenario to run on its own.

Any thoughts off the top of your head, or would you like me to show you the scenario?

Level 4

Webhooks can build up queues when they are left off during testing or when they are scheduled to run once per day. When they are turned on, the queue will automatically run all events in the queue asynchronously (can change to sequential in settings). When it is scheduled, the amount from the queue that will be ran is the number of events per trigger (in webhook module) x the number of cycles (in settings).

Instant Trigger Webhooks 

Level 3

In settings, I checked Sequential processing. I deleted everything from the queue. I turned the scenario on (immediate) and triggered a request (issue) to run thorough. It ran the full scenario successfully, but then I got an error 15 seconds later and Fusion shut down the scenario. I believe the webhook is still looking for the issue ID (why??) after project conversion. At our company, we don't preserve the issues post project conversion - it causes too much confusion with our requesters. But, could this be the problem?

Level 4

Don't check sequential processing unless you require it sequentially. Also please show me the error message and what your scenario looks like.

Level 3

Sequential processing turned off. Successfully run, but then it's trying to run it again and that's where the error occurs.Screenshot 2024-09-25 124233.pngScreenshot 2024-09-25 124335.png

Level 4

When I need to create a webhook that indicates a status is changed to lets say "NEW" I need to add status = NEW and status Changed. Adding the second clause may eliminate duplicate events.

Level 3

You NAILED it!! It works perfectly now. Thank you so much for your time and patience. You and the rest of this community are amazing!

Level 4

Glad I could help. After completing all of the Adobe Fusion tutorials I learned the rest of my knowledge through trial and error and the community forums. In the future if you have a question I would recommend making it short, concise, and clear while also providing all relevant info and screenshots and someone should respond. You can also create a support ticket if you have access, I do not so I take most of my questions up here.