Expand my Community achievements bar.

Fusion Scenario cookbook, ideas, examples needed

Level 7

I am helping to put together documentation on why and how Fusion could help my company.  Is there a Fusion Scenario cookbook (similar to the reporting cookbook or agile reporting cookbook) or list of examples of what people have used Fusion for...specifically for automation scenarios?

I know there is a short list of Fusion Blueprints and I've dug through the community, but I'd love to hear how people are really using the tool.  I don't need the details on how to implement it, just some higher-level topics and ideas on how Fusion has helped you.

Some items on my automation list so far:

• Complex intake queue routing
  • Capture time stamp on custom project status change
  • Auto populate fields based on another field's answer
  • Project audit trails on calculated fields
  • Create baseline on status change
  • Convert request/issue into project based on custom field selections
  • Using a naming convention, prefix object name
  • When a task actually completes, auto update planned start of next task
  • When proof decision made, update associated task status
  • If all tasks 100%, update project status
  • If project on hold for x days, update status
  • Fiscal year end clean-up...closing yearly projects & reopening new year's set
  • Take snapshot of dashboards/reports & upload to external file location

Thank you!

4 Replies

Level 2
  • Calculate priority based on custom fields
  • Assign different teams based on custom fields
  • Changes status/calculate priority
  • Send messages using a Slack webhook

Employee

Hi Sarah,

These scenario in the form of templates are already available:

• When proof decision made, update associated task status
  • Create baseline on status change
  • Using a naming convention, prefix object name

We also have a similar ones to the one you note for 

• Convert request/issue into project based on custom field selections

These are built out to meet the most basic needs.  Additional steps can be added on either by skilled Fusion Developers in house, using our awesome integrations services, or a fusion partner.

You can see the list of scenario templates here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-fusion/scenarios-in-fusion/f...

Community Advisor

I'd also like to see how others are using Fusion to simplify day to day process within Workfront. 

One roadmap idea I have is purging data based on our companies retention policy. examples: deleting documents or projects after x years. 

Employee

@KellieGardner feel free to submit that as a separate idea. Sounds like a document management system capability that would be ideally built into Workfront?  Curious if your needs would be system wide or object specific.  Also would be curious if you needed them to be deleted or archived or staged?  Feel free to add more details if you decide to submit that idea. Thank you!