Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Chunking a File From Workfront

Level 2

I am doing a workflow from Workfront to a third-party application. Upon a trigger, I want to upload a Workfront document. I am wondering if there is a way to chunk a file in Fusion 2.0?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi Caden,

We don't have any built-in ways to chunk a file in Fusion 2.0. I'm curious how large these files are? Much of this will depend on the 3rd party API.

Level 2

My third party application provides me with an S3 upload url and I believe that S3 maximum chunk size is 100mb. In the case I have a file that is larger than the maximum, I was wondering if I could chunk the file. This might be nonsensical idea, but is it possible to split the binary of the file into a list of chunks and upload to S3 that way. I'm not sure how to manipulate the buffer type, if it is possible. Also I recognize that there is an S3 connector but I need an access key and secret to connect to it. I was able to upload a single chunk using just the HTTP connector.