Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can moving a document into a different folder trigger a Scenario?

Level 5

Quick question: Can a Fusion scenario be triggered if a document is moved from one folder to another? I'm assuming the answer is "no." I've tried a few different ways to get a Scenario to trigger when a document's folder changes...none have worked. 

Right now, I'm trying to get around this by utilizing a timed scenario which checks for dox with specific parameters. The Scenario runs every five minutes. If it finds a document which falls within those filters, it adds the document GUID to a data store. The scenario whenever a new document is uploaded adds the new document's GUID to the data store, and reads the other GUIDs as well. It then processes all the dox mentioned on the data store, wiping them all post-execution.

TBH, that feels like an advanced game of Mouse Trap and would love to be shown a different way. Am I correct in thinking that the change doesn't register because folders are related collection to dox and not actual fields or parameterValues?

-j (writing my own textbook as I build things in this tool)

6 Replies

Community Advisor

we have similar need - to identify docs that have been moved between the folders.

We do this by document search module that runs on a schedule (every 1min in our case)

So I guess answer is no, but the workaround you're applying is a logical solution

Level 5

Thanks for validating what I assumed. It's irksome but eh. What can you do.

I am curious though: How do you schedule a scenario to trigger every minute? The minimum is five, unless I don't know a secret...which is entirely likely.

-j

Community Advisor

no magic here, really. That's available straight in the scheduling menu:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1698416074714.png

1 is minimal value

Level 5

I wouldn't be surprised if Fusion is gaslighting me--it's been doing so all week. But no matter what I do, the minimum I'm able to schedule an execution is in five-minute intervals:

JohnJOSullivan_0-1698499072893.png

Unless there's a setting which allows me to decrease that to 1 minute intervals...

Level 5

I'm sorry to bug you again, but how the heck did you get the ability to set within 1-minute intervals? Is there an overall Fusion setting that I'm clearly not seeing? I can't find anything in the documentation and I want this more than I want to eat. 

Well, that's an exaggeration, but it's pretty close.

-j

Community Advisor

there is a clear difference in our schedule setting menu mine says:

"Must be higher than or equal to 1", while your says 5.

No idea why is this the case, I would ask support about this. sorry I cannot help right away