Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Adobe Fusion Switch Module

Level 1

I am attempting to use the Adobe Fusion switch module. I feel like it is not working properly but the documentation on how it works is pretty lacking.

If I have a Case that evaluates to true; I assume the output of the switch module would be the output for that case. However it seems my switch module always outputs the else regardless of whether there is a case that is evaluating as true. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work?

Case 3 is true, why is is else true?Case 3 is true, why is is else true?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The case and pattern needs to match like for like so the switch is looking specifically for 'Email - Pillar' in the patterns. The Input that the switch is assessing is the variable, not the cases.

Each case is 'If Pattern=Input; Output'. The switch is seeing the word 'true' or 'false' in your example to compare to 'Email - Pillar'.

Example in images assessing the day of the week.

Assess Today.pngAssess today Output.pngAssess Friday.pngAssess Friday output.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The case and pattern needs to match like for like so the switch is looking specifically for 'Email - Pillar' in the patterns. The Input that the switch is assessing is the variable, not the cases.

Each case is 'If Pattern=Input; Output'. The switch is seeing the word 'true' or 'false' in your example to compare to 'Email - Pillar'.

Example in images assessing the day of the week.

Assess Today.pngAssess today Output.pngAssess Friday.pngAssess Friday output.png

Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I did come to this realization shortly after I posted. I was conflating the true false result with the outcome of the pattern match. The module expects the result of the case to be a pattern. To solve my issue I used an if statement that when evaluated to true outputs the desired pattern instead of true/false. Not the most elegant method, but I could not find another way to do this in a single module.