Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

[WORKFRONT COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK] Monday 2/27/23, 8am PT: Get all your New System Administrator Questions Answered by Cynthia Boon of the Adobe Workfront Customer Success Team ☕

Administrator

Join us for the first ever Q&A Coffee Break for the Adobe Workfront Community, taking place on Monday, February 27th from 8am PT - 9am PT

47 Replies

Level 7

I also have my own project to track onboarding tasks for each new hire within my team where I use a parent task with the persons name and title and subtasks for the steps I need to go through with each new hire. 

Level 2

Thanks so much for sharing these, Rhonda! Super helpful as we're working on developing on onboarding and training plan now. 

Employee

Hi Anderson, 

Great question!

One piece of general advice: it doesn't hurt to create just one general welcome message/welcome training for everyone if we think about the more knowledge users have, the better, regardless of their user access levels.  

However, I understand where this comes from if you want to avoid confusion and make sure users only see relevant information based on their access levels. 

If you are using groups, then you can leverage group access.

If you are not using groups you may have to create groups based on whatever buckets of users you have, for example: a group based on license types.

Once you do that, you can create any type of objects, for example projects that are limited to the access levels. 

This way you could create a project labelled "Welcome" for each specific group, so only reviewers can see the "welcome" project for reviewers as an example. 

Level 10

Thanks for setting this up @jon_chen and @CynthiaBoon,

I'm going to sign off now, but for feedback, should you decide to run one again, and for those who missed this one...

• since it wasn't obvious and called some confusion, I'd suggest you call out the "real time chat (only)" nature of such events
  • having now experienced it, what I found refreshing was NOT having to split my time listening to the main conversation while trying to also read and answer the threads (as we often do in webinars), and could instead, at my own speed, compose my thoughts, answer, then refresh the page to catch up on new questions and answers as they came in; in a way, it's as if we just "carved off the interesting chat side panel" for today, which was kinda neat
  • that said, it is a bit weird to not be able to "see who is on the call" let alone establish conversation the way we do in a Teams/Zoom chat in real time, a bit like the (deflating) "wandering" I've experienced in virtual conferences in the past; also once we hit enough feedback, it took me a while to notice there was a [load more responses] button, which I read, but then when I clicked [load previous responses]...there were then no such [responses] buttons, yet a question I'd intended on watching / answering was no longer visible (perhaps removed by the questionner), which was kinda clunky (and not neat)

Regards,

Doug

P.S. ehm....I keep real-time alerts turned on for experience league, so (looking at the deluge in my inbox) if one of your goals by running this session today was to make it obvious that there was lots of chatter happening, "mission accomplished" 

Administrator

Hey @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore ,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Please see my comments below:

• This is a great tip. I added "text-only" to the main post but will be sure to emphasize this in all our Coffee Break messaging moving forward.
  • Yes, we definitely took some inspiration from the conversations that occur in webinar side panels, so I'm happy to hear that you see similarities there.
  • We are trying to adopt a Community-based approach in this program, where you can ask a question and expect to see an answer while you go off and work on something else for a bit; though I can understand that it is a bit strange that you're not able to see how many people are "live" on the thread.

I will be sure to call out the "load more responses" button in the future. As for the questions not loading, that may have been due to comment removal, though I only removed one (it may have been removed by the question asker to your point). That said, let me know if you see this happen again. 

Employee

Hi everyone!  That hour went fast!  This was our first Q&A Coffee Break, so we're just testing out the format.

We would love your feedback!  (And thank you Doug for your feedback. 

Here is a survey link to share how we can improve this experience as well as what topics you might want to discuss.  (Again - I'm hoping for an Agile or Boards discussion next time! )

https://survey.adobe.com/jfe/form/SV_1TGFzgc9qDhryXc

We have several in-person events this week as well, so check them out if you have time.  See you soon!

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/events/?lang=en