Expand my Community achievements bar.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] WEDNESDAY 2/1/23, 8am PT: Mobile & Authenticated Use Cases for Experience Optimization with Brent Kostak of the Adobe Target Product Team☕

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 @ 8am PT - 9am PT 

REGISTER TODAY! 

We'll be joined by Brent Kostak (aka @bkostak), Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions related to

Mobile & Authenticated Use Cases for Experience Optimization:

• Workflows for activity setup in Adobe Target
  • Customer lifecycle metrics for testing and targeting mobile experiences
  • Leverage AI/ML for cross-channel personalization in web and app
  • Mobile SDKs and APIs for flexible implementations supporting iOS and Android platforms

Senior Adobe Technical Support Engineer Shelby Goff aka @shelbygoff will also be joining to provide additional insights and answers to your questions 

REGISTER TODAY! 

PARTICIPATING IS EASY:

• Sign in to the Community, Reply to this thread with your questions related to the Adobe Target topics covered 
  • Stand-by during the hour as the experts weigh in ~ this way you can clarify your question or ask for more details directly 
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with Brent's Community Username: @bkostak
  • Something already coming to mind? Feel free to post your topic-related questions in advance to ensure our experts get a chance to weigh in on your question while they're signed in for the hour 

Amelia_Waliany_1-1673644914715.jpeg

As Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, Brent brings data-driven personalization solutions to market that connect global brands to their customers. Adobe enables enterprise marketing and engineering teams to streamline data and create a single, personalized view of their customers to deliver exceptional digital experiences. Brent has over 10 years of experience helping organizations leverage software technologies and services to better compete and serve their mission.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Be sure to check out the thread from our latest 11/29/22 Adobe Target Coffee Break with Adobe Target Product Manager @cristinelwith extra support from @simochen of Adobe Technical Support Engineering

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

17 Replies

Level 3

@bkostak

Can you please provide an explanation of the differences in options under the reporting section when you select 'Revenue'.  Specifically looking for the difference between 'Orders' & 'Total Sales'?   We are trying to measure the total revenue per order but are not sure if we should select 'total sales' or 'orders' - please advise.  Thank you! 

Employee Advisor

Hi @Mycal_Tamariki thank you for your question and welcome to the Target coffee break! Are you using A4T for reporting or just Target? 

Community Advisor

@bkostak 

I have been working around the geo-distributed nature of Adobe Target profiles for quite some time and am noticing that Target seems to be an outlier when compared to other tools on that front. Any thoughts on simplifying the architecture so that profile updates to the central hub would not incur a 30 min to 1 hour delay on the edges?

Employee Advisor

Hi @Eric_Vidana Great to meet you here on the Coffee Break and thanks for your question. 

This is certainly valuable info for our product teams to better understand future roadmap discussions and strategy planning, especially from an architecture perspective. Two items below which would be useful for next steps:

1. Our teams would love to hear more about the specific use case where a faster sync is needed. Can you provide a bit more detail on the use case and specific objectives with using Adobe Target w/ faster profile updates on the edge network? 

2. Can you please take a few minutes to this to our Adobe Target Ideas portal to submit the request directly to our product teams? https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/adobe-target-ideas

Thank you, Eric!!

Employee Advisor

Hello everyone! Welcome and thank you for joining today's Adobe Target coffee break! We are excited to answer any questions you have with Adobe Target for mobile apps. Please stay tuned as we continue to field questions throughout the today's session. 

Administrator

Hi @bkostak and @shelbygoff, hanks for taking the time today to take questions from our Target Community! This question was posted by Target Community member, @dev_malik:

-----------

"We are working on implementation of Adobe Target on Mobile application using AEP SDK.

Can some one suggest all the steps need to followed. Documentation doesn't helps much

https://aep-sdks.gitbook.io/docs/using-mobile-extensions/adobe-target"

-----------

Link to Original Community Question: Implementation of Adobe Target on Mobile application

Employee Advisor

Hi @dev_malik 

We have new documentation on implementing Target with the AEP Mobile SDK including specific docs on supporting platforms for Android, iOS, React Native, Flutter, Cordova, and Xamarin. 

Here is link for overview of two methods on AEP Mobile SDKs support with Target:
1) AEP Edge Network
2) Leverage AEC endpoints
https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/getting-started/

Here is link for directions on implementing AEP SDK into your mobile app:
https://developer.adobe.com/client-sdks/documentation/getting-started/get-the-sdk/

Administrator

Hi @bkostak and @shelbygoff, this question was posted by Target Community member,

-----------

"Hello, I am looking at working with the Target Admin APIs (not v1, but these https://developer.adobe.com/target/administer/admin-api/). 

I have two main questions:

(1) For some of the "List" endpoints (such as Audiences or Activities), the documentation states that the results can be filtered or sorted by attributes. However, there is no documentation regarding format and what attributes may be filtered by. For example, I did figure out how to filter by Activity state (i.e. ?state=approved,deactivated); however, I cannot figure how to filter by dates of any kind (modified, created, lifetime start, etc). There is no documentation on which date fields (if any) can be filtered on, nor how one could filter by a date range rather than a single date.

(2) For some of the detail endpoints, I noticed that not all data seems to be returned by default. For example, according to the docs, the response from the "/audiences/{id}" endpoint should contain fields for "status" and "type"; however, the response from my endpoint contains neither of these fields. Is there any way to control which fields are returned by the endpoint?

Is there some other place that these options are documented?

Thanks" 

-----------

Link to Original Community Question: Target Admin Apis -Questions on Filtering, Sorting, and Controlling Fields Returned

Employee

Hi @KMarchewa, thanks for your question! To answer the first part of your question, here's another document that shows how to add these filtering parameters for list APIs: https://developers.adobetarget.com/api/#list-audiences

As for the second part, it may depend on what version of the API is being used, as the documentation above also shows the expected payload for the GET Audience by ID API, and the state is not present in the payload. I wold recommend opening a support ticket to get to the bottom of that.  

Administrator

Hi @bkostak and @shelbygoff, this question was posted by Target Community member, LordOfTheRings:

-----------

"Hi Team, Adobe target is implemented through AEP WEBSDK.

We have used below code to trigger profile parameter

alloy("sendEvent", {
data: {
__adobe: {
target: {
"profile.vehicleSeen": "xxxx",
}
}
}
});

It is trigerring well in the calls :

Updating Media

however, "vehicleSeen" profile parameter is not visible under Visitor Profile section to create the audience.

I created the  profile script  but that is also not working.

Since it is not an XDM object so how could I access sendEvent data info  ?

Any leads on how to access the profile paramters in AEP Web SDK method?

-----------

Link to Original Community Question: Adobe Target | Access Profile Parameters using AEP Web SDK

Administrator

Hi @bkostak and @shelbygoff, this question was posted by Target Community member, LordOfTheRings:

-----------

"Hi Team,

We followed these instruction to track the visitor between App and Mobile view:

Androidhttps://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mobile/android/hybrid_app.html 

iOShttps://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/mobile/ios/hybrid_app.html

Do I need to pass any sdid also to m-web page for A4T data stitching ?

-----------

Link to Original Community Question: A4T | Hybrid App Tracking

Administrator
Hi @bkostak and @shelbygoff, thanks for taking the time today to take questions from our Target Community! This question was shared by Target Community member, @ben_mrm : 
--------
"Hello, I’m wondering, when creating a Target activity and utilizing an audience from AEP, is there a way to see on the front-end whether or not a user has qualified for that audience? Does the Adobe Experience Platform Debugger provide this view and functionality? In a live use case, I’m trying to determine whether the audience delivery is working properly. Thank you in advance.
-Ben"
----------

Employee

Hi @ben_mrm, thanks for your question! You should be able to browse profiles in the AEP interface and zero in on their segment membership to determine if they’re qualified for an AEP segment or segments used in a Target audience. Here’s some additional documentation on this feature and where to find it: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/rtcdp/profile/profile-browse.html?lang=e...