Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

[WORKFRONT COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK] Monday 2/27/23, 8am PT: Get all your New System Administrator Questions Answered by Cynthia Boon of the Adobe Workfront Customer Success Team ☕

Administrator

Join us for the first ever Q&A Coffee Break for the Adobe Workfront Community, taking place on Monday, February 27th from 8am PT - 9am PT

47 Replies

Ah: the memo I missed might be the link in the first sentence Jon mentioned, which (not that I've clicked it) does indeed confirm that this is indeed a "chat" (text) format. 

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-target-discussions/at-community-q-amp-a-coffe...

I'll bite:  and  ready...

Regards,

Doug

Yup! This is new to us too, but we're hoping this is kinda cool and fun, and maybe next time we wrangle in some Product folks and maybe talk about Agile? 

Administrator

Hey @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore Coffee Breaks are live, forum-based Q&As on the Community. Please ask your questions directly on this thread and Cynthia and her team will respond! 

Community Advisor

Bummer! I'll be sure to come back later to read the responses. I don't know that I have the patience to keep refreshing the page to see if something new has been posted.

Level 4

Exactly! Not the format I was expecting. I'd prefer a virtual conversation with other admins and Adobe's SMEs.

Administrator

Thanks for the feedback @Ross_Barton . We wanted to utilize the Community to do this Coffee Break as it is more accessible and indexable than the standard webinar/on-demand format. I do see the value in making this a virtual session though and will see if it makes sense to adopt this method in the future.

In the meantime, feel free to ask your questions directly in this thread and Cynthia and her team will respond as soon as they get the chance! 

Level 1

@CynthiaBoon what are the most important pieces to include in our instance's Standard Operating Procedures --- so it is effective but not so detailed that folks get confused.

Employee

Hey @TJonesUVM ! Some key things to include (aside from the processes, themselves) would be:  

• The purpose – why Workfront 
  • Roles 
  • Hierarchy of all Workfront objects 
  • Where to go for Workfront help – a link ideally to a request queue with instructions 
  • Terminology 
  • Links to training on Experience League 

One example I’ve seen has a table of contents to help make it easier to navigate. 

Another idea may be to keep some of the configuration details (maybe things like access, terminology) in a separate document and link out to it from the SOP to keep it a little more streamlined.  

Does anyone else have recommendations on how to keep their Standard Operating Procedures effective but not overwhelming? 

Level 2

@CynthiaBoon What are some common mistakes/missed opportunities people make when setting up their system? 

Employee

Hi Janelle,

Great question! The main mistake that we see is overcomplicating your instance when you start. Understand that almost everyone is new to Workfront; try to keep it simple. Meet users where they're at when creating their processes and the instance. Another mistake we see is wanting to break down your users into too many groups and making your teams, processes, and tasks too granular and complicated. 

I'd recommend this blog post. You'll find a check list on how to take charge of your instance, and ensure that your users feel comfortable in Workfront. 

Level 3

Hi, @CynthiaBoon! My question is regarding the Outlook Plugin functionality. I see that it can be used to submit requests to a queue as well as add tasks, issues, and updates to existing projects. Is there a way currently (or on the roadmap) to use the plugin to Open a Project in an existing Program? This would help my team add new projects sent via email (i.e. Headshots). 

We have a specific headshot template that should be used. Having it go through a Request Queue just to switch it over to a Project is an unnecessary step. We allow anyone in our company to get a headshot taken by our video team. Only a select number of people need full access to Workfront.

Looking to simplify and make this process more efficient for the video team and my team.

Employee

Hi EIleen, 

Great question! There isn't a way to automatically create a project using the Outlook Plugin. You would need Fusion here. Workfront to Workfront Fusion can take any request and create a project from a project template. 

Level 1

Is there any training for Fusion, whether it be on demand or scheduled? 

Employee

There is! 

Here is our Workfront page explaining Fusion. 

Here are the tutorial and trainings for Fusion.

We also have on demand and instructor lead trainings. On demand courses are no cost; instructor lead trainings are over 3 days and have a cost associated. 

Level 2

@CynthiaBoon Any ideas or suggestions on how to create a Welcome/Onboarding process to welcome new users with different access roles? Is there a way to create a Welcome area inside Workfront and only share guides based on that user access?

Level 7

Hi, I am another customer and wanted to share something I love for new Workfront users. I have a project template that is set up with tasks and reference files for the new user to get them acclimated to the interface with hands on clicking and poking around. I have one version for "workers" and one version for "planners" that is more in depth. 

This populates their work list and within the project, the  custom task view shows simple instructions or tips to help them complete each task. 

RhondaTriggs_0-1677516546866.png

RhondaTriggs_1-1677516752563.png

The planner version has task to add a template to the project which has additional tasks to build reports and dashboards. 

I have also used an "Online training" task list with Workfront's training tracks for those that would like or need additional learning:

RhondaTriggs_2-1677516869103.png

Obviously, the draw back on this is needing to update tasks and links as the interface changes or the online training changes, but overall, it has been a great tool.