Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

🎬 [VIDEO] Top 3 Reasons to use Companies

Employee

We’ve got another Top 3 video with your “On-Demand Workfront CSM”! This time we’re talking about a commonly overlooked (but helpful) object in Workfront – Companies! 

Check out the video below. 

Looking at adding Companies into your mix? Here are some tips! 

Interested in new ideas and approaches? Register for our upcoming workshops our Experience League Events page. We hope to see you soon! 

2 Replies

Level 10

I use companies as clients. I have a different company set up for each product/initiative/MSA-contract, so for us it goes by product or initiative. I attach a form to each "Company" with information about that product/initiative/contract. When a project is opened, the user chooses the product/contract code. Since we are in the pharma/health industry; from that company entry I can prepopulate a lot of the information we need for the project. Example:

Company name is "Humira", from that I know the manufacturer is Abbvie, the therapeutic area is Arthritis/Crohn's/psoriasis, the billing cycle is 60 days, the buyer is Med Affairs, the contact is Jane Doe, the product is pharmaceutical, the product life cycle is post-launch, etc. All this is in calculated fields on the project form that pull from the company form.

This allows the user to not think about filling out a form and concentrate on getting the job done. Plus, it eliminates all the wrong choices you might see in a user-filled form.

Employee

Oh wow Randy!  I never thought about using the Company custom form to save time (and ensure accuracy) from any user-filled form. I love Companies for so many reasons, but this is a new one to add to my list. Consider my mind-blown!

I know you are told every day that you are awesome, but please consider hearing it one more time.  Thank you!