Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

TIP: Create a Spring Cleaning Project Report

Level 10

Hi Folks,

had an interesting request come up today, so thought I'd share the punchline: the Project report filter below will return each Current Project with at least one Open Task assigned to the currently logged in User and Can Start and is Not Complete, ordered by Project Completion Date, ascending (i.e. oldest first).

So! When Spring Cleaning fever hits, I invite you to

• create a Project report with this filter (sorted by Project Completion Date, ascending)
  • pop it on a dashboard
  • share the dashboard with your users, and
  • challenge them to "work down" through any Golden Oldies until they've caught up with what really is Current

Regards,

Doug

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=TASK
EXISTS:a:actualCompletionDate_Mod=isnull
EXISTS:a:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:assignedToID_Mod=eq
EXISTS:a:canStart=true
EXISTS:a:canStart_Mod=eq
EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:ID
status=CUR

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ross,

I invite you to give this version a shot, which goes "one step down", to the 1:many assigments object you are after:

EXISTS:a:assignments:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:assignments:assignedToID_Mod=eq
status=CUR

Regards,

Doug

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

@Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore Thanks for this!

When I use this filter it seems to only reference tasks with a single assignee. Can this text mode be modified so that if the logged-in user is one of the assigned users, it would return the project?

I've been trying to determine a way to provide our users with a project list that only includes projects where they are assigned to future/incomplete tasks. As soon as all of their tasks as complete, the project would fall off of their list (and reappear if we added them in the future). I believe the logic you've provided is exactly what I've been looking for, but I think it comes down to assignment users vs assigned user. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ross,

I invite you to give this version a shot, which goes "one step down", to the 1:many assigments object you are after:

EXISTS:a:assignments:assignedToID=$$USER.ID
EXISTS:a:assignments:assignedToID_Mod=eq
status=CUR

Regards,

Doug

This is game-changing for us – thank you! 

Would you mind sharing how I could sort it alpha by project name vs project completion date?

Hi Ross,

This Create a custom report post includes a section that explains how to set up such sorting.

Regards,

Doug