Expand my Community achievements bar.

Template for YouTube Video Upload requests?

Level 1

Hi all, I'm new to Workfront and am gradually moving all my current manual working processes into the tool. I am in charge of helping different teams upload YouTube videos into a channel, and currently collect these requests via a Google Sheet which gets very cluttered after a while. Am looking into porting it over the Workfront, but I'm not sure which way is best.

Is there a template that could work for me using Projects? I considered using Requests but I imagine it can get tedious if teams have requests for bulk uploads of the same video with the same titles and descriptions but just in different sizes. Anyone has experience with this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @MichelleLi1 - It sounds to me like Requests might be a better solution than projects. Reason being, Requests is a more definable process in Workfront. If you have a project and have them add tasks, its not as straightforward how to enter that information and there is room for error - you would need some intensive training guides to show them how to add a task, click the task, find task details to fill out information, go to documents to upload files, assign the task, etc. Requests is more straightforward user experience in that they fill it out, add the video or link, submit, and it's ready for you to work on. 

It might help make it less tedious if you have one request for the video, upload all sizes at the same time, and have form fields to help you collect relevant information.

Just some food for thought though! Good luck with the process change