Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Tasks in a Column within a Project Report

Level 2

Hello,

I am struggling to get this to work:

displayname=Test
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF(CONTAINS(" Test1 ",{name}),CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate}," - ",{name}),IF(CONTAINS(" Test1 ",{name}),CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate}," - ",{name})))))
valueformat=HTML

I am trying to pull a Task within a project that is named Test1 to a column in a project level report and see it's status, but when I do this the field is blank.

Thank you,

David

4 Replies

Level 2

Hi David,

I'm new to using TextMode, but it looks like you might have extra spaces inside your quotation marks around "Test1" so it might not be finding the name of your project to return results. I'd start there at least and see if that resolves it.

Level 2

Hello Racheal,

I also tried removing the spaces before that and still did not pull my tasks either.

Level 5

Hi David,

I cut down on the IF statements (I'm not that great with them yet). This might work for you

displayname=Current Task(s)
listdelimiter=<br>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({name}="Test 1",CONCAT(" * ",{name}," - " ,{plannedCompletionDate}),"")
valueformat=HTML

Project data

Ry_93E9BE_1-1659473026701.png

result 

Ry_93E9BE_0-1659472938628.png

Level 2

I'm not sure if this will get you all the way there, but this can maybe get you started.  I struggle with this text mode stuff all the time.  This snippet should show the status of a particular task name on a project level report.  This will end up showing the task status key, there's a separate conversion to get from INP to display as In Progress, CPL to show as Complete, and so on.

displayname=ZZZTask Status
listdelimiter=&zwj;
querysort=status
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("ZZZ TASK NAME",{name}),{status})
valueformat=HTML

At worst, feel free to store this for any future reference, always good to save any snippets that work as you figure them out.