Expand my Community achievements bar.

STOP GIVING OUR PEOPLE SURVEYS IN THE TOOL.

Level 4

NO MORE SURVEYS.png

STOP THIS ALREADY. 

We have asked twice for surveys to be disabled from our instance. We were told that they would be deactivated. Our people have been hit with two new surveys this week.

For the claim that these things can't be removed...that's bull. We pay a lot of money to use Workfront. These surveys do nothing for system improvements and end up confusing many of our users.

If you need feedback on the platform, you have a community of knowledgeable administrators who know this platform inside and out. Asking some guy who uses Workfront a few times a month to make requests? You don't need that feedback.

Stop this. Stop this immediately. None of us want this. None of us like this. The software is NOT free. Stop.

</rant>

11 Replies

Level 10

Just disable Pendo.io via a firewall or a redirect in your hosts files or your local DNS. Or you can send a request to your success manager or ASE and they will disable it for you. I guess Adobe doesn't have a problem spamming their customers, either that or Workfront is actually "nagware".

You could also instruct your users to give it a big fat Zero and mark everything as "Very Dissatisfied".

Level 4

We've asked our CSM and ASE to remove the **bleep** surveys from Workfront--twice. I'm almost sick of giving the "twice-yearly saying of The Riot Act" when users report this to us. 

One would imagine saying "Please disable all surveys from Workfront" twice would be enough. But it's not. 

Administrator

Hello @JohnJOSullivan I understand that it is frustrating to have to ask multiple times to get those surveys disabled, especially if you oversee multiple Workfront instances. As unnecessary as it may seem, these surveys provide invaluable feedback to our Product teams and help them make key roadmap decisions. 

I went ahead and disabled this survey from all known accounts associated with your company. If you're still receiving these surveys down the line, please don't hesitate to reach out.

For anyone who comes across this thread and would like to opt out of feedback panels, please send me a private message or comment in the thread below (be sure to tag me @jon_chen) and I'll get that disabled for your environment ASAP. 

EDIT: Please note that opting out means our product team will no longer receive data on how Adobe Workfront is being utilized by your users and will prevent them from receiving non-survey tooltips in other areas of the solution.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any follow-up requests or questions. 

Level 4

As unnecessary as it may seem, these surveys provide invaluable feedback to our Product teams and help them make key roadmap decisions. 

I contest this entirely. Getting the opinion of someone who uses the system a few times a year is not as important as involving group- and system-admin teams in said feedback. We know our users better than anyone else. We know the common pain points. 

All your surveys do is annoy our users, who then annoy us, who then have to show how annoyed we are to our CSMs and in these comments, and then have to ask frequently to remove surveys from a system we pay for.

I went ahead and disabled this survey from all known accounts associated with your company. If you're still receiving these surveys down the line, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Not for nothing, this needs to be an opt-in model instead of a "complain at least three times to opt-out" model. NO CUSTOMER should receive any of these surveys unless they specifically consent to do so.

For anyone who comes across this thread and would like to opt out of feedback panels, please send me a private message or comment in the thread below (be sure to tag me @jon_chen) and I'll get that disabled for your environment ASAP. 

Again, we are more than willing to join feedback panels. I've done so I don't know how many times already. I love telling y'all what I love about your platform (and what needs some "help"). I wouldn't be spending 10 minutes writing about how surveys annoy me if I didn't care. Workfront admins are passionate about the platform. We want the platform to succeed--it is part of our lives!

So when we're telling you that the surveys don't help us use the tool that our companies pay for, we're doing it as part of that feedback. You aren't helping us gather the information WE need in order to better configure OUR instances.

Plus, I remember reading somewhere that the customers are right at least some of the time...

Sorry for being so direct, but I'm passionate about continual improvement and I don't see how this helps us achieve success.

Happy weekend! 

Level 4

As a post-script to this discussion, we still have users reporting surveys when using Workfront.

I have told any users that if they experience additional surveys to provide the lowest score on each survey.

Please stop the madness.

Administrator

Hello, @JohnJOSullivan thanks for your response. These surveys are targeted to end users because they provide us with holistic practitioner feedback that may seem fruitless, but does ultimately help us with our product team's business decisions.

I do understand that having to request an opt-out several times is a very unsatisfying experience. Once we move to Adobe Business Platform (customers need to request this, just like the New Workfront Experience switch), every individual will be presented with the option to opt out. However, I do not have a timeline to share for that at this time.

The survey opt-out should've been instant, though it was only for the specific survey you called out. If you're referring to the Feedback buttons that are scattered throughout the Solution, I'll request to have those disabled as well. Please note that opting out means our product team will no longer receive data on how Adobe Workfront is being utilized by your users and will prevent them from receiving non-survey tooltips in other areas of the solution.

I know this wasn't the best experience, but I am still grateful for how passionate you are! Though I cannot promise a resolution outright, please be assured that I am reaching out to all the relevant stakeholders to ensure that your voice is heard. As always, I appreciate you taking the time to articulate your critiques in our Community and I hope you continue to do so.

Level 4

Hi Jon,

Our enterprise governance and admin governance boards voted on this. We decided that we want to opt out entirely from your surveys and any subsequent tool tips etc. 

Please disable this ASAP.

Thanks!

John

Administrator

Hey, @JohnJOSullivan Thanks for reaching out. I have confirmed with the PM team that all the environments where you are a system admin have been opted out of all surveys and tool tips.

Level 4

I swear, this isn't the only thing I think about. But I just had a user report that they received a survey:

JohnJOSullivan_0-1678902499652.png

Can we please just solve this?

Administrator

Hi @JohnJOSullivan 

Thanks for your response and I appreciate your patience as I checked on this. I just heard back from the PM that your account has indeed been on the Exclude List.

However, it seems there was a newly added option that needed to be checked to fully restrict all web guides from surfacing for your users. This restriction has now been enabled for all the accounts that you are an admin for. Please reach out again if your users report any survey forms in the future - I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks @RandyRoberts,

For more information about Workfront’s in-app survey subsystem (Pendo), there is a primer video here.

While such a technology (Pendo) can be used to target useful feedback, if it is abused, the operator (Adobe Workfront) risks upsetting the customer (@JohnJOSullivan), who might then decide to block it entirely (as @RandyRoberts has done), negating further interruptions…but on the flip side, any feedback from that customer, too.

Regards,

Doug