Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sharing Training Templates

Level 2

As a follow up to this morning's system admin essentials I am loading the templates I have readily available. When my system admin is back from vacation she will load any others we have. We will also have an updated version of the system admin version with time estimates when my new hire finishes the training and we will update at that time! 

7 Replies

Level 2

Thank you so much for sharing this valuable link information.

Community Advisor

Thanks for sharing!!  Here is the template I shared on the webinar we use at JP Morgan for training our users on Workfront.

Level 7

Here are the practice projects/templates I have for training new hires in xml format for easy import. These tasks help with practicing navigation and learning the interface. The project has a worker section and a planner section - remove planner tasks for worker practice only. Planner practice section includes a task that requires the template activity that is also included. I add custom tasks based on team, if needed. 

I include these PDF files in the practice project for planners as well:

I could not find current links for two of the above references so I attached the PDFs. I cannot guarantee that these are the most current versions...

Level 7

I honestly can't recall whether I made this or got it from somewhere else, but I also use a project for to help users keep up with online tutorials since it is hard to keep on the radar, schedule time to work through, remember where you left off, etc. HOWEVER, It could be a bit heavy to maintain when checking that links are current and info is up to date before assigning to a user. 

Here is a link to the tutorials
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/home.html?lang=en

I included an excel sheet with 75 tasks for online tutorials that is way more in depth, however, not all the links are present. This leads me to believe I may have started making this and it is now on my long list of unfinished items. LOL but maybe someone will find it useful. OR maybe Workfront could include a project template for their online tutorials on the tutorial page, if they don't already  

Level 7

Last thing I can contribute is other misc training projects I have in my Mktg Ops Training prgram:

1. Corporate Training Sessions, to track who, what, when etc for group trainings and one-on-one trainings with corporate people.

2. A separate "Customer Training Sessions" version of the above.
These provide a place to reference and re-use materials, topics, language, etc so I don't have to reinvent the wheel for every time I meet with someone. 

3. Mktg Ops Misc Training project where I keep my personal training and development tasks, reference, and resources that I may or may not share with group admins or other teams. 

4. Workfront Bytelets (ai made that name for me) where I keep tasks for the monthly email of quick tips, release info and other details or advice related to Workfront. I can plan ahead and keep the resources for upcoming topics and also refer back to previous information. Sometimes people request topics and will forget if I don't add it to the project as a topic task for next time!

5. Workfront Webinars and Releases where I add each webinar using Outlook add-in then keep notes and wonderful resources provided by others during the sessions. Now I have a way to refer back to the great information that is always shared in addition to the Experience League pages. The personal notes here help me recall things in better detail when I am trying to remember something from a session.

Also, projects for Adobe Summit as well as for Adobe Certification preparations, test planning & set-up and the actual testing date

Employee

Howdy! Huge thanks to @PaulaKo for starting this discussion and sharing, and also to @RhondaGTriggs and @Kurt_Jones for answering the call!  I figured I'd share the ones we created for last year's Scale Workshop: WF for Onboarding & Training Initiatives (2022).  Just a quick note on the files:

There are four Training Project Templates included in the .zip file.  They are .xml files that can be uploaded as New Projects to your environment, under Projects -> New Project -> Import MS Project. For more info, check out the documentation: Steps for MS Project Import 

Info on the project examples in the file:

Workfront: Basic Training Exercise Project Example

• Created a new example based on feedback from the original workshop, with new tasks organized by Persona, Planned Hours on the Training course tasks, and links to the Experience League content. 

Onboarding Project Example 

• This one is pretty basic, but there are several cool Project Templates in Blueprints if you want to check those out.  

Release Project Example

Workfront Change Management & Comms Project 

• Example of the type of project you can use to document your efforts to expand Workfront.  We’ve added some example comms ideas on the description field of each task, so be sure to check those out.  

Pro-Tips: 

• Create a Project-level Custom Form to track any cross-functional project that should be included in Training Initiative Reporting. 
  • Create Task-level Custom Forms to track any training asset auditing, including docs, links, videos, etc.