Expand my Community achievements bar.

Seeking Insights/POV's on Internal Workfront Core Teams

Level 10

Our team has been using Workfront for 4 years and I am looking to revisit how we handle our Workfront Core Team.

For some context, when our team originally created a core team, we were utilizing our group as change agents for adoption of the tool and to discuss pain points that teams were running into. Over time, we have had great adoption of the tool and have eliminated most pain points that we felt within our first couple of years – woot woot!

As of recent, we have made some changes in how our team is communicating key information with our users through larger department meetings and hosting real time roadmaps on an intranet site so everyone has visibility into the same content coming from our team. We also require users to use Workfront to submit requests when they need help, have a new hire, issues, new idea, etc.

I am seeking out insights and POV's on what others are currently doing with their teams and how it has been going for your team.

Thank you in advance.

-Kiersten

5 Replies

Community Advisor

There are two of us WF Admins in our marketing world of almost 400 users.  We have 12 departments and only 4 are truly boarded on the tool after 2 years.  Myself and the other admin joined less than 7 mos ago so we're in the midst of trying to onboard, adopt, build-out, and automate (we have Fusion) processes on top of having to be the change agents trying to get teams to identify their work processes for build out...not an ideal situation.

Our focus is on training users and helping them get better and finding champions we could move toward Group Admins.  We are just beginning to leverage the JumpSeat tool and its native integration to build interactive training guides to guide user through basic WF tasks.  We're hoping this reduces our workload a tiny bit to allow some self-support.

We've escalated to our leadership it would be better to separate the change mgmt piece from the WF build-out piece.  Working with marketing teams to help them identify their current processes, be it SharePoint, email, spreadsheets, etc. to do process then map that into Workfront takes a lot of time which doesn't allow enough time to build and test things in WF before people want to get on.  Most teams believe WF will solve long-term process issues they've had but those need to be resolved through the change mgmt. side working with other depts in the org to identify how best to work BEFORE WF can support it.

We also have a support queue we're trying to get users to adopt more so we can get better alignment on work but emails and chats still show up a lot.

Level 10

Thank you for sharing. Curious, does your company have a change management expert? We have one in our business and worked with them on getting things in place to make adoption much easier when we implemented. We also use some of their techniques when we bring in new processes into the tool.

I have found the intranet site we put in place made a huge difference in pushing people to put in requests when they need something from our team. 

I am curious to look into JumpSeat and what that does. Thanks for sharing!

Community Advisor

Hi Kiersten, glad to hear you've had positive evolvement! 
Happy to give my POV, but wondering specifically what you're looking for opinions on. How to communicate info to a large group? There are so many facets here - what do you want to hone in on to understand?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 10

Hi! We are curious to learn what others are doing internally with their teams to seek feedback and share outs on new things happening in Workfront. Since we implemented the tool, the core team was crucial for adoption but over time, our users easily adopt the tool and we are thinking the core team may go away since we have moved towards broader communications to our teams in meetings and posting on the intranet. Let me know if you need any further clarification. Thank you!

Community Advisor

We don't have Change mgmt experts in house but as we move forward its evidently clear the value as well as support for governance which will be a hurdle we jump down the road.  I know some companies have WF Product Mgrs where those folks aren't necessarily the WF admins but they work as part of governance and across depts to help organize process and request work so it can be planned and parsed to the admins...that will be our long-term approach.