Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How are you using Beta filters?

Level 7

Hello Community,

Since BETA filters stacking option allows us to apply multiple filters, I want to understand how other admins are using it. Because stacking applies 'AND' condition between the multiple filters, it sometimes gives zero results when there is a conflict. For example: A project cannot be in both 'Current' and 'On Hold' (assuming different filter for each status here). I have ideas for implementation but 'AND' logic doesn't give enough confidence.

Thanks in advance

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, I haven't used the beta filters much bc I think they have some work to do before I roll it out to my org.

I've only used it so far for seeing team + status. For example, in a project with multiple teams involved a certain has only wanted to see their team's tasks (filter 1) and if it's ready to start (filter 2). Those two filters have merit standing on their own for different purposes so they're two filters, but I've used them to stack for this scenario.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Since it uses AND logic, the stacking feature doesn't do anything for me. I had thought when stacking was released, it would be using OR logic, but support confirmed, "The stacked filters are applied one selection at a time, so selecting multiple filters means that the results will become more narrow, rather than adding to the results of the previous filters. The only way for a sacked filter to have an OR selection is if the rules inside one of the filters had an OR set there." I do wish there was a way to change that 

Level 10

I agree. I had posted in the idea lab last March, a proposal for stacked filters. Unfortunately, the way they were implemented makes them pretty much useless. I think there should be choices for "and" & "or" between each stacked filter, just like report filters.