Expand my Community achievements bar.

Compare current user's logged time against department logged time

Level 5

We're having trouble getting our users to log time. I was hoping to build a report (or more likely a dashboard) that would help "gamify" the logging of time. What I'm hoping to show is the following:

• For the last 30 days:
    • % Department Logged Time:
      • [Total Completed Tasks with logged Time] / [Total Completed Tasks]
    • % Current User Logged Time:
      • [Total Completed Tasks with logged Time (Current User)] / [Total Completed Tasks (Current User)]
    • User Logged Time vs. Dept. Logged Time:
      • [% Current User Logged Time] - [% Department Logged Time]
        • If the # is positive, the current user has logged time for more tasks than the overall department
        • If the # is negative, the current user has logged time for less tasks than the overall department

I'm trying to build all of these calculations within a report (as opposed to calculated data fields). I'm using an Assignment-Level report as my starting point. I have my date filter (last 30 days) applied to the report.

What I'm struggling with is how to create the two "% logged time" calculations. One needs to SUM across the whole department, whereas the other needs to sum for just the current user. Am I able to do both of those calculations within the same report? If so, can someone help steer me in the right direction regarding syntax? Thank you!

0 Replies