Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Are you taking full advantage of reports and dashb..

Employee Advisor

Are you taking full advantage of reports and dashboards within Workfront?

We know how important it is for you and your teams to have immediate access to data to make the right decisions, to have full visibility into the work being planned and executed, to highlight successes, and to identify bottlenecks or process gaps. Reports and dashboards are the answer, and they’re easier to create in Workfront than you might think!

Click into this blog post for more information on visualizing and presenting information in reports or dashboards to avoid the dreaded digital clutter.

Have questions about reporting? Reply to this thread and we'll get you taken care of!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 9

Great timing. We're building out dashboards as we expand into other areas. One common complaint is that they look congested and messy. It would be great if we could hard code the size of a report window so the sizes are consistent across the dashboard.

(Even better - when you add a report to a dashboard as an HTML link - it would be awesome if reports had direct URLs.....so the entire WF window didn't show up in that window!)

Employee Advisor

@Christina Jarosz‚ I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about, but when selecting the dashboard format, you can choose to have 2 -3 columns that are identical in size so that all reports are the same size. If you have a screenshot of one that looks a bit congested or messy, feel free to DM me.

As for linking reports to dashboards, if you want to include multiple reports but only have the direct URL/link show, I would recommend you create a Report Report (sounds weird, I know) but what that will do is list out the reports you filter for, and the name of the report will be clickable.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Level 9
Hey Nick, That’s not quite what I am experiencing. By having two reports side by side with the same columns selected, based on the filtering for each project you might have the report on the left be two inches long and the report on the right be five inches long. Since the data is different, even though you are choosing to only display 15 items per display those 15 items are forcing the report window to be larger or smaller (depending on the field information). For example, if Project A has a description that is 200 characters long, and Project B has a description that is 600 characters long, Project B is taking up a larger amount of window space. In theory yes, you can force all the columns to truncate at a certain length but that doesn’t help for the extra work. My hope was that we could customize the size of the report window (like we do with HTML links) so that it didn’t matter what size those 15 items would take up‚Ķ‚Ķthe report ‚Äòbox’ itself would be consistent across the dashboards. Hopefully that makes sense! Christina Jarosz, Marketing Project Coordinator P 215.648.7168 | C 215.435.9412

Employee Advisor

@Christina Jarosz‚ I just sent you a direct message for additional information as I was unable to replicate this same behavior!