Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.

Ways to send push notifications excluding those who already received in same-day

Level 6

Hi there,

What are some ways to send a push notification again in a journey excluding those who already received it? We have a marketing need where there was an issue with a journey, we need to urgently send another push out, but exclude those who already received it. We cannot wait 24 hours for a segment to refresh.

Thanks.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

This can be achieved via an on-demand evaluation where you can create a new segment job by making an API request to AEP

Adobe recommends to not abuse of it but anyway there is a mechanism to queue request on their end and if you're doing it a lot it will take more time to complete.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/tutorials/evaluate-a-seg...

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 6

Hi @DavidKangni

My understanding with this is that the segment needs to be at least created 24 hours in advanced, is that not true? Does it mean i can create a new segment, and within an hour send an on-demand segment evaluation request, and then use it in AJO as soon as the evaluation is completed?

Thanks.

Employee

One of the options to explore is Business rule where a daily frequency cap can be requested https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/frequency-rules#dai...

Also, take note of the below callout.

dugganab_0-1718099095337.png

Employee Advisor

There was some good suggestions below on this thread already, but if you are just worried about triggering the same profile in the same journey within a 24 hr period you can control the Journey re-entrance timing in the Journey properties. This would gate the profile from being able to enter into the same journey. 

Ivan_Mironchuk_0-1718144342288.png