Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

Use external data source in a journey

Level 3

Hi there, 

I have a question when using the external data source in AJO. 

Here is our use case: We would like to send emails to users who did a travel search, and in the email, we would like to use the destination name the user searched. But after a user searches for a travel, AEP will only receive an event with eVars with the destination code (not the destination name). And there is an API endpoint whose response can map the destination code to the destination name. 

Now I have added the API as our external data source and also created an audience that users did a travel search. But when I setup the journey, I didn't find any out-of-box action in AJO to enrich the data. Did I do things correctly? Or is there a better solution or use case I can refer to? Thanks very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @xliu, Now custom actions allow both payload request and response. If you want to take the approach of using custom action for this purpose. Take a look at this previous similar community link on this ask.

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @xliu, Now custom actions allow both payload request and response. If you want to take the approach of using custom action for this purpose. Take a look at this previous similar community link on this ask.

Thanks, Sathees

Employee

Hi @xliu,

As mentioned by @SatheeskannaK, a custom action needs to be created in this case.

This is because the response from custom action can be used in the email delivery for personalization.

If the requirement is to check a condition then we can use the custom data source.