Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Use cases for standalone AJO (w/o AEP)

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

This is a follow up to my previous query. As I understand that AJO is a subset of AEP and although in standalone AJO: segmentation, source, XDM schema, dataset (etc) features will work (same as AEP), however, real time profile will not work (among many other AEP features). I am reading about the AEP and AJO features in the documentation, so need a few clarifications. My question(s):

1. Does AJO works without real time profile? I can put my customer data, purchase data into XDM profile schema but will it work in the journey level?

2. If the answer is no, what are the use cases where standalone AJO is used (is there any)?

3. Does Adobe sells both AEP+AJO as a bundle or AJO only?

I am reading about the AEP and AJO features in the documentation, so need a few clarifications

@Anuhya-Y , @Denis_Bozonnet 

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@supratim320 

In AJO, enabling a dataset to profile will generate profiles.  Datasets of customer data, purchase data should be enabled for profile , so that profile information would be available in journey , of course by configuring experience platform as data source https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/dat...

When you purchase AJO that includes major functionalities of AEP as Adobe Journey Optimizer built natively on the Adobe Experience Platform.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@supratim320 

In AJO, enabling a dataset to profile will generate profiles.  Datasets of customer data, purchase data should be enabled for profile , so that profile information would be available in journey , of course by configuring experience platform as data source https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/dat...

When you purchase AJO that includes major functionalities of AEP as Adobe Journey Optimizer built natively on the Adobe Experience Platform.

Level 2

Create a scheduled campaign to use standalone data if your reqt doesn't want to use real time data.

• AJO is built on AEP and should use the AEP data for any requirement.
  • AJO should use AEP so the package includes AEP as well.