Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Trace back an identical field from an earlier event to reproduce it in a new one.

Level 2

Dear,

I would like to use an event field from event X in event Y (it concerns a language field).

These events are linked because they carry the same order uid, so I would like to cross reference based on this order uid and then see the language value from the first event.

I have tried the following:

containIgnoreCase(#{ExperiencePlatform.ExperienceEventFieldGroup.experienceevent.at(0)._"companyName"."OrderObject"."Languagefield"}, "nl")

This did not give the desired result. My first thought would be that order uid is not in there so the two events are not linked in that.

Could someone help me towards the right field or syntax?

Many thanks.

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@robverstegen ,

It seems like you're working with some event data and trying to cross-reference information between events based on a shared order UID. 

If the order UID is indeed what links these events, you would need to use the order UID to access the corresponding language field in both events.

The syntax might look something like this:

#{ExperiencePlatform.ExperienceEventFieldGroup.experienceevent
.filter(event => event."OrderObject"."OrderUID" == #{OrderUID_Variable})
.at(0)."Languagefield"}

In this example, replace `OrderUID_Variable` with the actual order UID you're interested in. This code filters the events based on the common order UID and retrieves the language field from the first event in the filtered list.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@robverstegen ,

It seems like you're working with some event data and trying to cross-reference information between events based on a shared order UID. 

If the order UID is indeed what links these events, you would need to use the order UID to access the corresponding language field in both events.

The syntax might look something like this:

#{ExperiencePlatform.ExperienceEventFieldGroup.experienceevent
.filter(event => event."OrderObject"."OrderUID" == #{OrderUID_Variable})
.at(0)."Languagefield"}

In this example, replace `OrderUID_Variable` with the actual order UID you're interested in. This code filters the events based on the common order UID and retrieves the language field from the first event in the filtered list.