Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Search array in expression

Level 1

Hi,

I have a journey which triggers an event (first activity)

The parametrs in the event are - an array called "legs" and "customer Number" .

I am using a condition activity to check if a specific value within the array exists. 

Within the condition, I am passing the array and value as parameters using the "in" function.

Below is the expression:

IshaniVShah_2-1673504454217.png

If i check for the array at position 0, or at position 1, the expression looks correct with no error. However, if I want to search the whole array using "all()" the expression throws an error as below . How do I check if a value is present in all of the array?

IshaniVShah_1-1673504424362.png

Below is the schema structure:

IshaniVShah_3-1673504505459.png

Thanks in advance.

Ishani

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @IshaniVShah ,

To check if a value is present in all elements of an array, you can use the "every" function in combination with the "in" function.

The "every" function takes a function as its argument, which is used to evaluate each element in the array. The "in" function returns a boolean value indicating whether a given value is in an array.

Here's an example of how you could modify your expression to check if a value is present in all elements of the "legs" array:

legs.every(function(leg) { return leg.value === "specific value"; });

This expression will return true if the "specific value" is present in every element of the "legs" array, and false otherwise. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @IshaniVShah ,

You can iterate throught the array using below syntax:

{{#each context.journey.profile.ArrayBetLegs.xxx as | legs |}}

{{ legs.name }} = {{ VALUE }}

{{/each}}

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @IshaniVShah ,

To check if a value is present in all elements of an array, you can use the "every" function in combination with the "in" function.

The "every" function takes a function as its argument, which is used to evaluate each element in the array. The "in" function returns a boolean value indicating whether a given value is in an array.

Here's an example of how you could modify your expression to check if a value is present in all elements of the "legs" array:

legs.every(function(leg) { return leg.value === "specific value"; });

This expression will return true if the "specific value" is present in every element of the "legs" array, and false otherwise. 

Level 3

Hi,

How can I use your function when my condition code looks like this:

containIgnoreCase(@{ord_paid._company.igOrder.igEntries.at(0).igArticleName.igArticleNameNL}, "geldterug")
or containIgnoreCase(@{ord_paid._company.igOrder.igEntries.at(0).igArticleName.igArticleNameNL}, "aanbetaling")

Thanks!