Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

How we can add client name in proper case in email body or SMS

Level 2

Can you help us the fix the client's name in proper case. which function we need to use. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

I could be wrong - but that looks like syntax for Personalization & Dynamic Content. I am working on a field within the Advanced Editor in an AJO Action.

Since there is no Title Case method, we ended up using the following expresssion:

concat(
	upper(
     	substr(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.person.name.firstName}, 0, 1)
     ),
	lower(
    	substr(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.person.name.firstName}, 1, length(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.person.name.firstName}))
     )     
)

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

it is not allowing to pass in action box parameters. giving me error. 

"The expression is invalid : Unexpected word 'camelcase' . Please, check that it is a valid token and that you are using it at the right place."

Community Advisor

By looking at the error function should be camelCase

I tested this and it's working: {%= camelCase(profile.person.name.firstName) %}

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

SumanTiwari_0-1682076931301.png

SumanTiwari_1-1682076942299.png

I also tried both the ways but it is not working. attached the screenshot,  I am looking for SMS and passing this code in SMS action fields

Level 2

I am running into a similar issue - Not for use with personalization, but within the AJO Advanced editor. For example trying to manipulate a string for use in an AJO Action.

Level 2

Hi, I had to use titleCase to get name in propper case. I could not get Camle Case working. Just same error as described. 

Try using this

' {%= titleCase(profile.person.name.firstName) %} '

Hope this helps 

Cheers

Correct answer by
Level 2

I could be wrong - but that looks like syntax for Personalization & Dynamic Content. I am working on a field within the Advanced Editor in an AJO Action.

Since there is no Title Case method, we ended up using the following expresssion:

concat(
	upper(
     	substr(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.person.name.firstName}, 0, 1)
     ),
	lower(
    	substr(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.person.name.firstName}, 1, length(#{ExperiencePlatform.ProfileFieldGroup.profile.person.name.firstName}))
     )     
)

Community Advisor

You're correct @MichaelBailey.  The example which I have provided is used for personalization and thanks for sharing how you have achieved this in the action.

Thanks, Sathees