Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.

How to use Object Copy API to export to a file?

Level 4

Hello,

I've a question regarding Object Copy API 

I understand that with /exim/snapshots/copy I can copy objects from one sandbox to another. This works fine.

But how can I "dump" an object to a local JSON file? I tried with /exim/snapshots/export but I only get some "correlationId". How can I download my stuff (e.g. a Journey in JSON format) based on this "correlationId"?

Thank you!

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

@maggod ,

The "correlationId" you receive when making a request to the /exim/snapshots/export endpoint is a unique identifier for the export job that you initiated. This identifier can be used to check the status of the export job and download the exported data.

You can make a GET request to the /exim/snapshots/export/{correlationId} endpoint, where {correlationId} is the unique identifier for your export job.

If the export job has completed successfully, you can download the exported data by making a GET request to the /exim/snapshots/export/{correlationId}/download endpoint.

This will return the exported data in a JSON format that you can save to a local file.

Level 4

Thank you @akshaaga 

I tried, but it doesn't work ...

Step 1: Export - OK

maggod_0-1683035073579.png

Step 2: check status (I'm using a different URL, not yours) OK

maggod_1-1683035136322.png

Step 3: download. FAIL. 404

maggod_2-1683035193510.png

Any idea what I miss here?

Thanks!