Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer - B2B Edition (coming soon) combines a first-ever buying group focus with industry-leading decisioning and automation to personalize engagement for each buying group member across channels.
SOLVED

Hashed Email

Level 4

Hi,

Does AJO take hashed emails for executions or does it have to be in plain text?

Please let us know.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21 AJO will have access to the profile from AEP. You can select the list of fields that you need to sync. As far as I know, it will require a plain email field to send emails and also to track back the activities against the email. Also, there is other stuff to manage like suppression list, allowed list, etc.. and for that, you might need to sync the plain email.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

AJO can store the profile information with email in plain & sha256 hashed format. However, I can't imagine if you have only hashed email format to send an email since un-hashing is impossible. If you cannot un-hash then while you send an email it will be in an incorrect email id.

@SCB21 are you planning to ingest from another source that has hashed emails?

Also, if you already have customer info from your CRM then ideally you would have all the emails (in plain & hashed format), so when you ingest records from another source that has only hashed format - then in that case if the profile matches with your CRM records based on email then it will stitch together (provided email is one of the identity) - and you can use the email field to send your emails.

Level 4

Hi @ChetanyaJain,

We are looking to hash the emails in AEP and push that to AJO. We are trying to understand whether AJO only takes plain text emails or hashed as we don't want to get into a situation later where plain text is required.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@SCB21 AJO will have access to the profile from AEP. You can select the list of fields that you need to sync. As far as I know, it will require a plain email field to send emails and also to track back the activities against the email. Also, there is other stuff to manage like suppression list, allowed list, etc.. and for that, you might need to sync the plain email.

Level 3
  1. how can you hash email in AJO if source data not have hash?  especially when/if destinations require hashed version?
  2. can you format time date in AJO to EPOC or does time date stamp need to be in EPOC?

Thanks.