Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Delivering SMS with non-Sinch/Twilio Tools

Level 2

If an organization is not using Sinch / Twilio, what is the best way to configure AJO to deliver SMS messages as part of journeys. My understanding is that this would require using Custom Actions - does anyone have a use case to share where this occurred? Would a new Custom Action need to be configured for each unique SMS message as part of a journey or could a single Action suffice and all custom configuration would be executed within the SMS tool itself (outside of AJO)?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @tksol95 you are correct that at this time, a different SMS provider would need to be setup as a custom action. We have additional providers on the horizon, so please reach out to me directly to let me know which provider you would need to have as a connector. 

Regarding the Custom Action - this need only be setup once at the configuration level. You can determine which portions of the custom action payload are static and which values are dynamic. Once you drag the action onto the journey canvas you can customize the payload with dynamic values that include values from profile and contextual attributes. 

Beyond SMS, we have many customers that are using this workflow to send MMS messages as well. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi @tksol95 you are correct that at this time, a different SMS provider would need to be setup as a custom action. We have additional providers on the horizon, so please reach out to me directly to let me know which provider you would need to have as a connector. 

Regarding the Custom Action - this need only be setup once at the configuration level. You can determine which portions of the custom action payload are static and which values are dynamic. Once you drag the action onto the journey canvas you can customize the payload with dynamic values that include values from profile and contextual attributes. 

Beyond SMS, we have many customers that are using this workflow to send MMS messages as well.