Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Customer can only be once in a journey

Level 3

Hi,

As far as I know, a customer can still only be once in the same journey. We use the email address as the namespace.

This gives us some problems. E.X. we send out e-mails if a package is delayed and there is a wait in the journey. However a customer can have multiple orders with multiple orders being delayed. As long as he is still in the journey with another order being delayed, he can not enter the journey again for another delayed package.

How do you deal with this? And does Adobe see a solution for this? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes your understanding is right. A profile cannot re-enter the journey until they exit it. 

Adobe's note: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/journey.html?la... 

Usually, a profile cannot be present multiple times in the same journey, at the same time. If re-entrance is enabled, a profile can reenter a journey, but cannot do it until they fully exited that previous instance of the journey.

Workaround Solution:

You can create different journeys via different events to achieve the result.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi @Taal 

There is a journey setting to allow re-entry..

costa_n11_0-1704296021057.png

Go to Journey Properties 

costa_n11_1-1704296073408.png

Thanks

Denis

Level 3

Hi @costa_n11  thanks for your reply!

But that option is not about being twice in the same journey, right? 

I thought it was just in general if you can re-enter the journey.

Or can you be twice in the same journey with this option? That would be great! 

Employee

Hi @Taal 

The option seems to be checked / selected by default, so by default, one can re-enter a journey, only if you un-select this option a profile will be in the journey only once... Remember that a journey has a 30 days cycle, so after 30 days, a profile will re-enter a journey no matter what

Is your order dealy journey event triggered or segment triggered?

Thanks

Denis

costa_n11_0-1704296614711.png

Level 3

Hi Denis,

The journey is event triggered.

And I do mean twice in the journey at the same time. So with one order he is still in the wait and then another event comes in and has to go to the wait too. So twice in the same journey, while he is still in the journey with the same event. I am running a test now to see if I can come twice in the same journey while I am still in it. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Yes your understanding is right. A profile cannot re-enter the journey until they exit it. 

Adobe's note: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/journey.html?la... 

Usually, a profile cannot be present multiple times in the same journey, at the same time. If re-entrance is enabled, a profile can reenter a journey, but cannot do it until they fully exited that previous instance of the journey.

Workaround Solution:

You can create different journeys via different events to achieve the result.

Level 3

Ah okay that is a pity. Thank you for your answer!