Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

AJO SMS setup to third party service providers.

Level 2

Hi all,

To setup sms in AJO I am referring below document.
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/sms/sms-configuration.html?lang=en

I can see only 3 External service providers can configure in AJO by default(sinch, Twilio,infobip).   could anyone help me how come this will achieved for other service providers.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ramki,

To do so, you need to create your custom actions. Keep in mind that AJO supports only REST API today and you cannot use SMPP.

Regarding to incoming SMS, you'll need to have whether an external data source configuration or point a webhook to a dataset or a schema in AJO.

One more thing is you want be able to have an OOTB report for your SMS using custom actions.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@Ramki, You will have to use custom actions to activate through other service providers. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b...

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Thanks. @SatheeskannaK , Could you please let me know how incoming messages from external service providers are configured in Adobe Journey optimizer. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ramki,

To do so, you need to create your custom actions. Keep in mind that AJO supports only REST API today and you cannot use SMPP.

Regarding to incoming SMS, you'll need to have whether an external data source configuration or point a webhook to a dataset or a schema in AJO.

One more thing is you want be able to have an OOTB report for your SMS using custom actions.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

@DavidKangni ,Thanks a lot! 

I have one more  query,

I'm using the custom action in the journey next to sms action.  SMS action has the message editor to add our SMS text. To use SMS action, SMS surface is mandatory. While creating SMS surface, In SMS configuration we required API credentials which has 3 default service providers.  Could you please guide me how to add the message text for custom action using SMS action or please let me know any alternative for sms action.

Ramki_0-1694502885812.png

Thanks in advance.

Level 2

@DavidKangni  could you please confirm OOTB reports can be used or  not for the SMS using custom action?

Thanks,
Ram.