Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

Prevent email from going in compatibility mode

Level 1

When I create fragments in AJO through UI using default structure and content components, modify styles with styles editor and save, they work fine in the email editor. However, the HTML code the system generate is lacking some outlook and dark mode specific code e.g. bolding does not work and images don't scale, dark mode colors dictated by email client etc.

When I update the template/fragment code to make it work properly on all email clients, the editor does not recognize the code anymore and go into compatibility mode after I leave editor once and open again. After I can still edit texts and images that are already dragged into the template but I cannot add new fragments anymore.

Any ways to prevent emails with custom code from going into compatibility mode?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jaah ,

AJO provides a user-friendly interface for creating email templates and fragments.

When you add custom HTML and CSS code to your email templates or fragments, there's a risk that the editor may switch to compatibility mode to ensure that the email remains functional across a wide range of email clients.

Here are some suggestions to work with custom code in AJO and avoid compatibility mode:

Instead of relying on linked stylesheets or external CSS, use inline CSS styles as much as possible. Many email clients, especially Outlook, have limited support for linked stylesheets. Inline styles can ensure that your styling is more consistent.

Ensure that your email template or fragment is responsive, as this can help with rendering on various devices and email clients.

Limit Custom Code: Try to minimize the amount of custom code used in your emails. The more complex your code, the more likely the editor is to switch to compatibility mode.

Clean HTML: Ensure that your HTML code is clean and well-structured, following best practices.

Remember that compatibility mode is there to ensure that your email is viewable in a wide range of email clients. While it can be frustrating for those who want more control over the HTML and CSS, it's a trade-off to ensure emails are accessible to as many recipients as possible.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@jaah ,

AJO provides a user-friendly interface for creating email templates and fragments.

When you add custom HTML and CSS code to your email templates or fragments, there's a risk that the editor may switch to compatibility mode to ensure that the email remains functional across a wide range of email clients.

Here are some suggestions to work with custom code in AJO and avoid compatibility mode:

Instead of relying on linked stylesheets or external CSS, use inline CSS styles as much as possible. Many email clients, especially Outlook, have limited support for linked stylesheets. Inline styles can ensure that your styling is more consistent.

Ensure that your email template or fragment is responsive, as this can help with rendering on various devices and email clients.

Limit Custom Code: Try to minimize the amount of custom code used in your emails. The more complex your code, the more likely the editor is to switch to compatibility mode.

Clean HTML: Ensure that your HTML code is clean and well-structured, following best practices.

Remember that compatibility mode is there to ensure that your email is viewable in a wide range of email clients. While it can be frustrating for those who want more control over the HTML and CSS, it's a trade-off to ensure emails are accessible to as many recipients as possible.