Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

AJO Segment Qualification event issue

Level 3

While using 'Segment Qualification' activity in journey, even after a profile getting qualified for segment, Journey is not getting triggered.

Journey is in ‘Live’ state and we are ingesting data using HTTP API streaming ingestion.

PFB details of the setup done.

Segment details:

Segment Name: IN Customers

Criteria: HomeAddress-->CountryCode eq "IN"

sankar1_0-1681876853105.jpeg

Journey Details

Journey Name: POCsegmentqualification

sankar1_1-1681876853110.jpeg

We are able to see data in segment

sankar1_2-1681876853112.jpeg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@sankar1 Try creating a new segment and see if that helps to see that the profile qualifies for the segment. If not query the data lake and look at the specifics. Also, If it's a widespread issue that affects data used in Journey, I would suggest opening a ticket with support to troubleshoot the problem.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/reporting/reports/query-examples.htm...

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

@sankar1,

A couple of questions,

• Did you test this journey using test mode while in the draft state and did that work? 
  • The screenshot shows that segment type as streaming. Ideally, profiles will pass through the journey as they qualify for the segment. Did that two profiles count on the segment added before Journey was live?
Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Hi @SatheeskannaK @nnakirikanti ,

We are still seeking a resolution for this issue. Your help would be highly appreciated.

PFB my findings.

Batch Data Load (CSV/MySQL):
Segment Type-Streaming/Batch

Expected Result : Segment qualification will be triggered on Batch evaluation and Profile Fragment/Identity graph will be generated.

Actual Result :Segment qualification is getting triggered on Batch evaluation. Profile fragment/identify graph is getting created in 3-4 mins.

API Data Load:

Segment Type-Streaming

Expected Result : Segment qualification will be triggered near real time and Profile Fragment/Identity graph will be generated.

Actual Result :Segment qualification is getting triggered on Batch evaluation. Profile fragment/identify graph is not getting generated.

Community Advisor

@sankar1,

Re. API Data Load:

• I'm sure you include the id and timestamp as part of the API data load streaming setup. Can you confirm?
  • Are you using streaming ingestion for the data load? if so can you try sending the payload through Postman and see if that works?
Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

Hi @SatheeskannaK ,

We are adding profile data using API call, we have tried using postman and the data was getting loaded successfully in Profile dataset. But segment qualification is not getting triggered.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@sankar1 Try creating a new segment and see if that helps to see that the profile qualifies for the segment. If not query the data lake and look at the specifics. Also, If it's a widespread issue that affects data used in Journey, I would suggest opening a ticket with support to troubleshoot the problem.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/reporting/reports/query-examples.htm...

Thanks, Sathees

Level 3

@SatheeskannaK 

Thank you for your response

1.Yes, the journey was getting triggered in test mode.

2.No, profile was added to segment after publishing the journey.

Level 5

@sankar1 Add a "wait activity" of 1 to 3 minutes after read segmentation event, before consuming profile data, this is a guardrail/limitation of this.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/get-started/guardrails.html?lang=en#...

Hope this solve the problem..

Level 3

Hi @nnakirikanti ,

Thank you for your response, I would definitely try this.

But my query is, the Segment qualification event itself is not getting triggered even if the profile becomes the member of a segment. We can consider adding wait activity if the event /journey is getting triggered .